Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: HELP - Map Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have been making a custom story and ive made about 5-6 levels and they all have worked fine, but for some reason when i tried to play the latest one that i built, it wont load. The level used to work fine, but when i added onto it and restarted the game to play it again, it either turns completely black or stays on the loading screen... i am getting no error report or anything.. if anyone would help me i would be very happy. thx.

I am making a custom story and I have made about 5-6 other levels, but my latest one has been having some problems that never showed up before on any of the other maps. Here are all of the issues:
1. When i focus on something, it doesnt let me grab it, no hand appears.
2. The monster is seeing me through the walls...? It has killed me through a wall before. ?

Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE help me! I am having alot of issues that i need resolved. If these issues cannot be fixed, i will most likely not put this map into my custom story. PLEASE somebody HELP! thx..
I merged your two threads together, but I can't tell if they're the same problem or not. Though they seem pretty similar. Which one is the main focus right now?
(07-17-2013, 11:38 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I merged your two threads together, but I can't tell if they're the same problem or not. Though they seem pretty similar. Which one is the main focus right now?

They are both the main issues, i havent settled on one, but i wud like to resolve at least one of them, probably the monster seeing me through walls.
Maybe you have some _cache files? check /maps folder.
Also, i think you should try that map with a different name.
And last, you could try exporting its content. You know, to new map.
(07-18-2013, 12:30 PM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you have some _cache files? check /maps folder.

how do i export the content to a new map?
(07-18-2013, 06:53 PM)iLucian Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2013, 12:30 PM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you have some _cache files? check /maps folder.

how do i export the content to a new map?
You select everything you want, then go to File > Export selection
Place the file where you can find it, then go to your other map and select import selection.