Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Animations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been wondering if its possible to animate props to go in a direction.

Picture a chain model the tall one we have, can u like animate it depending on the axis and make an animation?

Cryengine has theese kinds of tools in the editor, but as far as I've seen Frictional did everything with animations files?

If there is - are there any tutorials describing this?

EDIT: If you guys dont understand what im asking just tell me I can try to explain better.
Ive seen it in a few custom stories, but i have no idea how to do it.
Heres one of those stories

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15476.html

It contains a part where a giant worm digs a tunnel in front on the player.

download it, and you should be able to find the function somewhere within.
(07-21-2013, 12:59 AM)Karba Wrote: [ -> ]Ive seen it in a few custom stories, but i have no idea how to do it.

Finally an answer - I think I asked a hard question here..

I will check it out thanks.
An animated entity is made with animations from a modeling program. But you can make entities move by giving it a force but it only flings or pushes the object
If you want to move the model along the X/Y/Z axises. You can change the model into a "MoveObject" in the ModelEditor>Settings>User Defined Variables.

(1) So open up 2 separate ModelEditors, in one, open up the Amnesia Piston (Entities>special>control_room_piston_piston). In the second open up your model.

(2) Open up the Menu>Settings>User Defined Variables. And match up your model's properties with Amnesia's Pistons, and save it out.

Use
Code:
SetMoveObjectState(string& asName, float afState);
Code:
asName - internal name
afState - state of the object, 0 = closed, 1 = open, values inbetween (and above, for example, the bridge_metal_vert) are valid too!

or
Code:
SetMoveObjectStateExt(string& asName, float afState, float afAcc, float afMaxSpeed, float afSlowdownDist, bool abResetSpeed);
Code:
asName - internal name
afState - state of the object, 0 = closed, 1 = open, values inbetween are valid too!
afAcc - acceleration
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed
afSlowdownDist - Distance to the target state before decceleration occurs.
abResetSpeed - Set to True if the prop's speed should be reset before performing the movement, else the prop will accelerate from it's current speed to afMaxSpeed.
to move your new object.

////////////////
If you want to change the distance the object goes in a certain direction, or the Axis it travels on.

Go back to your User Defined Variables in the ModelEditor and scroll down.

Near the bottom starting with "OpenAmount" and ending with "CloseSpeed". Will be the variables you will want to change.

Note: The "OpenAmount" correlates to the height of the object. If you double the "OpenAmount", the height will simple increase 2x.

So I would set the "OpenAmount" to something like 10, and then use the MoveObject scripts and set the "float afState" anywhere between 0-1, and since it's a float you can fine tune the value of movement.
(07-21-2013, 12:59 AM)Karba Wrote: [ -> ]Ive seen it in a few custom stories, but i have no idea how to do it.

Joachim being active on the forums....WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?