Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Sound problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I tested the script myself and use this script
PHP Code:
PlaySoundAtEntity("WaterFlow""12_epoxy_flow.ogg""WaterStreamArea"1true); 
It worked.
(07-23-2013, 02:07 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: [ -> ]I used this line in one of my custom stories, it worked:

PlaySoundAtEntity("Water1", "12_epoxy_flow", "ParticleArea1", 0, true);

So try to remove the .snt extension

Did't work either. And i've tryed with .ogg .snt and without extension on both the area and particle. Nothing has worked

(07-23-2013, 02:11 PM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]So I tested the script myself and use this script
PHP Code:
PlaySoundAtEntity("WaterFlow""12_epoxy_flow.ogg""WaterStreamArea"1true); 
It worked.

Quess that's there is something wrong with my game or something, cuz that did't work either for me Sad
Can you like give the screenshot of your "WaterStreamArea" ? I think that's the main problem. In the level editor.
It works now. For some reason i could't use the reload function in the develop enviroment. i had to restart game it self, and then it worked.

Anyway thanks for the help guys
Wait so you didn't restart your game while changing the script ?
(07-23-2013, 02:18 PM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so you didn't restart your game while changing the script ?

Normally i use Debug Toolbar to reload maps in-game, and then it works. But for some reason it did't work this time
(07-23-2013, 02:20 PM)ZereboO Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2013, 02:18 PM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so you didn't restart your game while changing the script ?

Normally i can reload it in-game, and then it works. But did't work this time

I don't think you can reload a script in-game. Restart your game every time you change the script( I don't know if it needs to restart or not. But that's what I do when change my script).
(07-23-2013, 02:22 PM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2013, 02:20 PM)ZereboO Wrote: [ -> ]

Normally i can reload it in-game, and then it works. But did't work this time

I don't think you can reload a script in-game. So you must restart your game every time you change the script.

I've done it in several maps before without any problems
Yes, you can use the debug thing to reload scripts, that's how FG does it and that's how I always done it
(07-23-2013, 04:43 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can use the debug thing to reload scripts, that's how FG does it and that's how I always done it

Yep. it's just fucked that it did not work this time. Well screw that it works now
Pages: 1 2