Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Handgun - Beretta M9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made this ages ago and imported it to HPL for the hell of it, made it a grab object, added a light to the attachment piece, and yeah. I finally have it up if anyone wants to use it as a prop. Has 2 entities. One has the Slide closed to keep a normal, full silhouette. One has the Slide open to simulate an empty magazine. The ammo clip is a separate mesh within the model, so perhaps I'll go into Maya and export the magazine nly so you can use those individually as well. But that'll be later.

INSTALL:

- Open the zip and place the "BerettaM9" folder in your Custom Story's/Full Conversion's "entities" folder, of course!

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2a1ay...ettaM9.zip

PREVIEW:
Spoiler below!

[Image: pistol_example_by_statyk94-d6f19ki.jpg]

kbye <3
Whoa, that looks amazing! However, how is it meant to be used? People will try to shoot or something with this gun, having one to grab and throw is a bit silly in my opinion.

Anyway, looks cool! How many polys does it have?
This model is nice, all the community needs to do now is to make a functional gun which we can use to hurt enemies.

Turning CS into world war 3.
I can imagine people panicking and throwing a loading weapon at the grunt... might wanna run away.
(07-25-2013, 09:58 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, that looks amazing! However, how is it meant to be used? People will try to shoot or something with this gun, having one to grab and throw is a bit silly in my opinion.

If you're making an environment where there was supposed to have been a fight previously, then the unloaded one would make for a great prop to reinforce that idea lying next to a body
(07-25-2013, 09:58 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, that looks amazing! However, how is it meant to be used? People will try to shoot or something with this gun, having one to grab and throw is a bit silly in my opinion.

The whole thing runs just under 1500 Tris, if I remember correctly.
(07-25-2013, 01:10 PM)Hauken Wrote: [ -> ]This model is nice, all the community needs to do now is to make a functional gun which we can use to hurt enemies.

Turning CS into world war 3.

This has actually been done, I don't have the time to find it but there is a fully functional gun script!
(07-25-2013, 08:26 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]

The whole thing runs just under 1500 Tris, if I remember correctly.

Wow, lots of detail with only 1500 is a real challenge that you achieved well, by what I see. You've made a great creation there Smile
Lol, it's really not that fantastic, but thank you.
(07-25-2013, 10:14 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, it's really not that fantastic, but thank you.

Well, I guess it's the difference between someone with experience and someone without that much. When I was noobishy, when I textured a cube I was like (It's so fu**ing fantastic and adorable) so yea, you can guess how I feel taking a look at models from people with experience.
Pages: 1 2