Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Static objects - how to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I create static_objects, should I follow one of acies guides on texturing? Because the modeling ones are more for entities?
I've never even touched modeling but wouldn't it be enough to place the desired object into the static_onjects folder?
lol none of you guys are truly clear about what you want to do
To create a static_objects, you just have to make a model with it's textures:

-Go to static_objects
-Create a folder called "my_objects" (or whatever)
-Make a folder for each model you make
-Inside these there must be the .mat file, the textures and the model

A static_object is just the .dae. When we talk about entities, they have bodies, and the engine calculates phsyics with the bodies mass and shape, not the actual model. In static_objects, they are completely static (how did you guess? :p) and the collision is calculated from the original model.

So yeah, making a static_object is the easiest thing you can do.
(07-28-2013, 12:05 AM)The Mug Wrote: [ -> ]lol none of you guys are truly clear about what you want to do

[Image: i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpg]
(07-28-2013, 12:07 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]To create a static_objects, you just have to make a model with it's textures:

-Go to static_objects
-Create a folder called "my_objects" (or whatever)
-Make a folder for each model you make
-Inside these there must be the .mat file, the textures and the model

A static_object is just the .dae. When we talk about entities, they have bodies, and the engine calculates phsyics with the bodies mass and shape, not the actual model. In static_objects, they are completely static (how did you guess? :p) and the collision is calculated from the original model.

So yeah, making a static_object is the easiest thing you can do.

I don't think they've actually made the meshes/textures yet as their questions were about texturing and modelling (I think Tongue)
Yea well, but it's always good saying that kind of things, as it might help them later Smile
Yes, after you've created the object/s which I haven't, because I don't know how.
Well, if you don't know how, Blender is a good program to start with:

Blender.org

And:

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender

These will help you. As well, I can help you in your learning of 3d modelling if you wish Smile
That'd be wonderful.