Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Vertical door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have absolutely no idea how to use vertical doors in Amnesia. I guess the safety_normal doors could be useful for this.
I want to do that if the player goes trough door frame, the door should fall down.
Help.
Vertical doors are normally move objects, which you would use SetMoveObjectState or SetMoveObjectStateExt on.
Easily done with basic coding. My best tip is to make a level and just experiment with basic coding. That's what I do, and when there's something I don't understand I just go to the wiki.
(07-30-2013, 01:18 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Vertical doors are normally move objects, which you would use SetMoveObjectState or SetMoveObjectStateExt on.

I tried it but the door just goes down trough the ground. It ignores it. I need help with the script.
(07-30-2013, 07:03 AM)User01 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it but the door just goes down trough the ground. It ignores it. I need help with the script.

Then put the door higher in the level editor.
(07-30-2013, 09:22 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2013, 07:03 AM)User01 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it but the door just goes down trough the ground. It ignores it. I need help with the script.

Then put the door higher in the level editor.
I see. First of all, it's way to slow and also it loops (goes up again). What do?
You can manually adjust its speed with SetMoveObjectStateExt. As for why it goes up again, you probably have a bug in your code, or something, that causes it to open after closing.