Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Making one sound take over another?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I am having a little issue regarding some voice acting and my actual map. There is a lot of noise on the map (explosions, crumbling walls etc) and that is making the voice acting unheard.

To the point: Is there anyway to make the voice-acting kind of "take-over" the other sounds, like making them all lower while he speaks, or make the actual sound of him go more in the front so it is clear what he says?

Thanks!
The only thing I can think of is either lower the volume of one of them in the .SNT and set the other's volume higher .SNT, maybe? Do you understand what i mean?
(07-30-2013, 06:37 PM)Kullin Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I can think of is either lower the volume of one of them in the .SNT and set the other's volume higher .SNT, maybe? Do you understand what i mean?

Absolutely, but I would like to avoid that since there are like 10 different sounds and in that case, I would need to swap them out each time the voicing comes in. =/
FadeInSound(string& asSoundName, float afFadeTime, bool abPlayStart);
Fades in a sound.
asSoundName - internal name
afFadeTime - time in seconds
abPlayStart - ?

Maybe don't really know
All you need to know is on the wiki, go there.
(07-30-2013, 08:21 PM)Zandrojakov Wrote: [ -> ]All you need to know is on the wiki, go there.

Could you please push me in the right direction there then?
I cannot find anything that meets my requirements. Confused

The only close thing I found was FadeGlobalSoundVolume, but that will not work since it will lower ALL sounds.

Edit: I had to make an emergency solution. Though, if anybody knows this, please reply!