Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Thought Experiment (Part 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If the Earth was shaped like a square pyramid, how would the physics of things be like at the tip vertex?
(08-01-2013, 06:28 AM)Chronocat Wrote: [ -> ]If the Earth was shaped like a square pyramid, how would the physics of things be like at the tip vertex?

Awkward...
I'd guess that the Earth would slowly get crushed back into its ball shapes by gravity.
(08-01-2013, 06:44 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I'd guess that the Earth would slowly get crushed back into its ball shapes by gravity.
naw man

I want to visualize how the vertex would look if you stood there.
Gravity is pulled to the center of the Earth so... a ball thrown will got into the middle?
Nothing special... You would be pulled towards the center of mass as usual. So that would be directly down when standing at the tip.

EDIT: You just induced into me unpleasant flashbacks of Amnesia's Cradle. Great job!
(08-01-2013, 06:44 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I'd guess that the Earth would slowly get crushed back into its ball shapes by gravity.
A square pyramid?
pyramid with square base

(08-01-2013, 08:49 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing special... You would be pulled towards the center of mass as usual. So that would be directly down when standing at the tip.

EDIT: You just induced into me unpleasant flashbacks of Amnesia's Cradle. Great job!
u mean da judas cradle?

You know, they had to get that guy to be naked first before the anal torture started...
Well since the question as already been answered.

Its funny to know that: If you pick a square, remove the top edge, and extend the other two sides parallel to each other to infinity. You would have technically made a triangle.
Pages: 1 2