Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Help with making a Monster spawn upon note pick up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically what the title says, how would I be able to make "servant_grunt_1" spawn upon picking up "note1". Thanks in advance for your support! Smile
It's not really that hard, all the commands can be found here

But here's the script:
Code:
void OnStart()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("nameofyournote", "function1", true);
}

void function1(string &in asEntity)
{
SetEntityActive("nameofyourgrunt", true);
}

Just place the grunt and make him inactive, adjust the names in the script and you should be fine.
(08-03-2013, 10:43 PM)Smoke Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really that hard, all the commands can be found here

But here's the script:
Code:
void OnStart()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("nameofyournote", "function1", true);
}

void function1(string &in asEntity)
{
SetEntityActive("nameofyourgrunt", true);
}

Just place the grunt and make him inactive, adjust the names in the script and you should be fine.

Thanks for this, I'm kinda new to this so I won't be able to do even the basic scripting stuff XD
If you are a complete beginner, follow this tutorial;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FR4p5tt0BY

This is the first part, there are six parts. It's one of the best Amnesia Custom Story Tutorials ever, in my opinion. It's what I used and I gained a lot of knowledge, the only thing is each episode is over 30 minutes long, I think the longest is around 1 hour 30 minutes. But if you really want to properly create a custom story, this is the tutorial.