Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: AAMFP Blogspot page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's the blog:

Enjoy Big Grin
I recommend that you do some serious reading on the topic of journalism before attempting to start a blog. It's completely unprofessional, contains blatant hearsay and speculation passed off as fact, contains unfiltered spoilers (which is the biggest red flag ever), has no clear cohesion or logical progression (apart from beginning and ending, I guess) and, I'm sorry to say, is entirely superfluous. Certain members of the forum (chiefly Paddy) have compiled a quite exhaustive list of everything you could possibly wish to know about the development of AMFP and have done so in a much more structural and professional matter. That's not to say you should be barred from documenting it yourself but you're going to have to do a lot better if you want people to take you seriously.

Good luck.

EDIT: Is that Esperanto?
(There's no č in Esperanto. It's some Eastern-Europe language (Czech? Croatian?).)
(08-04-2013, 09:40 AM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ](There's no č in Esperanto. It's some Eastern-Europe language (Czech? Croatian?).)
Eastern Europe, yes. But not czech or croatian, but in fact, slovenian (but croatia and slovenia are right next to each other though!)

(08-03-2013, 11:16 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend that you do some serious reading on the topic of journalism before attempting to start a blog. It's completely unprofessional, contains blatant hearsay and speculation passed off as fact, contains unfiltered spoilers (which is the biggest red flag ever), has no clear cohesion or logical progression (apart from beginning and ending, I guess) and, I'm sorry to say, is entirely superfluous. Certain members of the forum (chiefly Paddy) have compiled a quite exhaustive list of everything you could possibly wish to know about the development of AMFP and have done so in a much more structural and professional matter. That's not to say you should be barred from documenting it yourself but you're going to have to do a lot better if you want people to take you seriously.

Good luck.

EDIT: Is that Esperanto?

Okay, thanks for the nice words.

This was my 1st ever blog, so perhaps I shouldn't have even shared it, because people like you come along and completely kill the mood.

I am aware that this blog, which was my first one, sucked, but everyone can improve, right?

Besides, I don't know what I was even trying.
You have that whole ''AAMFP discussion part 2'' topic up there, which I didn't even notice until now.

I don't know what you did, but I can't even delete this thread now. I've tried multiple times, checked the box on the left, and clicked ''delete thread''. Unsurprisingly, a message box comes up saying I don't have permisson to access the page because of the following reasons: Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource. (there were other reasons too, which all involved me not having permission).

If that blog really offended you, you could've just requested me to delete this (which I already planned to do after seeing your message), instead of reporting me or something like that.

And that goes out to the person who reported me.

No hard feelings intended.
It's not cool that someone reported JanNYuS for this thread. Not cool at all Angry

JanNYuS, if you want some material to add to your blog there's a sticky thread on the forum which contains everything we know about the game to date:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21294.html

Feel free to use whatever you need Wink
(08-04-2013, 01:04 PM)JanNYuS Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks for the nice words.

This was my 1st ever blog, so perhaps I shouldn't have even shared it, because people like you come along and completely kill the mood.

he gave you honest criticism, and on top of that even advice

I am aware that this blog, which was my first one, sucked, but everyone can improve, right?

Besides, I don't know what I was even trying.
You have that whole ''AAMFP discussion part 2'' topic up there, which I didn't even notice until now.

I don't know what you did, but I can't even delete this thread now. I've tried multiple times, checked the box on the left, and clicked ''delete thread''. Unsurprisingly, a message box comes up saying I don't have permisson to access the page because of the following reasons: Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource. (there were other reasons too, which all involved me not having permission).

If that blog really offended you, you could've just requested me to delete this (which I already planned to do after seeing your message), instead of reporting me or something like that.

I did not report you if that's what you're implying. Look, I don't mean to dissuade you in any way. I just don't think there is anything positive about lying or sugarcoating. I am forthwith when it comes to other people's work and I expect others to do the same for mine. I did not condescend (not intentionally anyway), I just listed the flaws that I noticed while reading so that you are at least conscious of them. It gives you something to think about while writing your next article and reading others for the purpose of analysis. I'm not saying my critique was amazingly detailed and constructive (or even useful), but it seems like the only input you have is from your family, which unfortunately (or fortunately) is not the place to look for honest criticism (usually).
(08-04-2013, 02:35 PM)Dogfood Wrote: [ -> ]

he gave you honest criticism, and on top of that even advice

I admit it was unprofessional.
(08-04-2013, 02:48 PM)JanNYuS Wrote: [ -> ]as it was my 1st blog Dodgy

And now a decision faces you. Do you want to let the criticism destroy you and make you so insecure as to never want to write again? Or do you want to use it as an opportunity to do some serious introspection and figure out exactly what it is you want to achieve? You do not have to take it to heart; at least 50% of all criticism is completely useless, but you should use it as an opportunity to view your work in a more objective way. When you get too attached to something you look past its flaws. By receiving criticism you can either agree with it and look for ways to improve or disagree with it and continue in the same manner. But the absolute worst thing you can do is dismiss it. All criticism deserves to be heard, no matter the source. Only you can decide whether or not it's valid. The ability to judge one's own work is one of the most elusive and difficult any person involved with creative activities can hope to attain, but in attaining it you can separate yourself from your work and create something of true value (at least in your eyes). Who knows, maybe you'll one day become a journalist of note (if you so choose).
(08-04-2013, 01:04 PM)JanNYuS Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what you did, but I can't even delete this thread now. I've tried multiple times, checked the box on the left, and clicked ''delete thread''. Unsurprisingly, a message box comes up saying I don't have permisson to access the page because of the following reasons: Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource. (there were other reasons too, which all involved me not having permission).

I might be wrong, but I think that regular members can't delete their own posts/threads; I tried to delete a reply once, and a similar message appeared indicating I did not have permission to do it. I had to request a moderator to delete the post.
So it doesn't necessarily mean that someone reported you.
Pages: 1 2