Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model Animation Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Can animations that DO NOT use bones be imported into the game as a working model? ( Frame Based Animation / Morph Targets )

2) I ask becuase i am looking for a flag that is flapping wildly in the wind, I am looking to be able to make this , as well as put it into my main menu background (so scripting in unavailable)
I haven't tested animations that imitate physics, but i have successfully imported animations that consisted of rotating and moving whole meshes. In either case Maya was required, even though i made the animations in Blender.
(08-13-2013, 10:21 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tested animations that imitate physics, but i have successfully imported animations that consisted of rotating and moving whole meshes. In either case Maya was required, even though i made the animations in Blender.

Rotating and moving... So bones are not required for the animation to take effect in game, Will the animation loop constantly?
(My guess is yes because of the way the grunt (Or brute? i mix up the names..) moves inside of the level editor, I just want to make sure Smile
Yeah, it can loop to infinity, but this can be controlled through scripting.
awsome sauce tyvm my computer
Morph targets are not supported.
Wouldn't you be able to make that flag as a PS? I have no clue about this but It seems possible
(08-14-2013, 08:07 AM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Morph targets are not supported.

Tyvm, And as for PS i wouldn't know where to start creating it and it would have to loop fluidly.