Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jens - thanks, that all sounds perfectly reasonable. If an LP'er breaks the rules that you've set down, do you subject them to a torture of your own devising? Wink

I remember Thomas's tweet, that is indeed most promising (although from what I've seen of the first 30 minutes of the game that's damn good too).

On another matter - game saves. Is it possible to save anywhere, or only at certain checkpoints?
I don't think the previews shown so far have been too spoilerish. They're kinda like the beginning of TDD before the first *real* monster encounter.
(08-31-2013, 05:17 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]On another matter - game saves. Is it possible to save anywhere, or only at certain checkpoints?
I think it is possible to save anywhere, but I am sure there won't be permadeath.
(08-31-2013, 05:20 PM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2013, 05:17 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]On another matter - game saves. Is it possible to save anywhere, or only at certain checkpoints?
I think it is possible to save anywhere, but I am sure there won't be permadeath.

Now i've always wondered...

What happens when you die? Will you see a cutscene being dragged to the beginning or will Oswald just say it was a dream but he just respawned?
Well, even if the first 30 minutes are not "spoilerish" and there are no monster appeareances... I still want to... "enjoy" every little scare...
(08-31-2013, 05:26 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: [ -> ]

What happens when you die? Will you see a cutscene being dragged to the beginning or will Oswald just say it was a dream but he just respawned?
"You have to carry on..."
(08-31-2013, 05:29 PM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2013, 05:26 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: [ -> ]

"You have to carry on..."

I don't think you will see that since AMFP is a new chapter to the Amnesia world...
I was checking out the website of the company who performed the translations/localisations of AAMFP and the game appears in their portfolio, but the image used for it is unfamiliar to me:

http://shentloc.com/portfolio (AAMFP is the one on the top-right)

Is there a larger version of it somewhere? Looks intriguing.
Removed off-topic Batman posts.

(08-31-2013, 05:54 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]I was checking out the website of the company who performed the translations/localisations of AAMFP and the game appears in their portfolio, but the image used for it is unfamiliar to me:

http://shentloc.com/portfolio (AAMFP is the one on the top-right)

Is there a larger version of it somewhere? Looks intriguing.

I think that was mentioned before some time ago and it turns out this image is just a random picture and has nothing to do with the pigs. If I remember correctly of course...
(08-31-2013, 05:59 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I think that was mentioned before some time ago and it turns out this image is just a random picture and has nothing to do with the pigs. If I remember correctly of course...

Ahhh I see. Makes sense, because it looks like some sort of 1980s werewolf haha.