Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They still haven't made pre-orders available on the Frictional store? You'd think they'd be most eager to have people buy from them direct…
(08-16-2013, 08:46 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]They still haven't made pre-orders available on the Frictional store? You'd think they'd be most eager to have people buy from them direct…

I do not accept an other third-party store. I'm waiting for the official FG store! And when it costs 100 Euros, I'll buy it there when it's avaiable.
Perhaps they wanted to post on the popular formats first to get the most publicity. I wondered the same.
(08-16-2013, 08:42 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]They also don't run the same engine as the other games. Different engines require different specs depending on how it was developed. This bit of rise in specifications didn't surprise me at all.
It's the same engine, but an updated version. Like, the minimum requirements for Metro LL is an 8800GT, which is pretty standard. After looking it up though, with it being 3x0 and 5x00, it covers both cards lower and higher than the 8800GT. Not entirely sure about it now that I think more about it.
The second FG releases it, I want to own the DISC COPY of the game. A game destined to be this good, deserves to be delivered in it's full, and originally intended quality.
Y'know, I could be pissed about the game coming out after I go back to school because I would have preferred to play it while i had time

But who cares, I wasn't expecting to wake up to this news this morning and I'm so pumped, I'll find the time regardless. Big Grin

[Image: NnYDcIa.gif]
Fixed the GOG.com pre-order price thing. I got confused with euros and dollars for a sec.
Requirements are higher than expected but I'm very glad as this will either mean large areas or high res textures.(or both)
I will just keep my hands from AA and such (gtx570 @ 963MHz 1.25GB)
(08-16-2013, 05:55 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but I can't help seeing the title painting as a pig head with a luchador mask...

Well... Wasn't Mandus' expedition to Mexico? Maybe there's a connection there Smile

I almost cried when I saw aamfp in my library:

Spoiler below!

[Image: AAMFP_zps405057f2.png]

After a year and a half, this is so exciting!
Omg, September 10th....

And those new screens look amazing!!!

Spoiler below!
[Image: release_2.jpg]

The artstyle is absolutely gorgeous.