Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-16-2013, 07:56 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I also couldn't help but notice on the Steam page, it offers "Partial Controller Support". What is exactly supported for controllers now?

I figure XInput only.
(08-16-2013, 11:42 PM)Lama Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013, 11:39 PM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this came up, but am I the only one that can see 1/4th of the monster in the first pic?? O.O
(If it DID come up, don't hate plz)

There is actually a whole thread about it Smile http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22436.html

Oh yeah! It is fat... it is really FAT Big Grin
My enhanced version:
Spoiler below!

[Image: release_10%20copia.jpg]

Edited with a spoiler tag.
To clarify on the controller support, unsure as to why it says partial - as you are able to play the entire game and navigate menus perfectly with the Xbox 360 Windows controller (which I used throughout development). So for those wanting to use a controller, it works really well :-)
So it rly is the monster. God damn if its rly that fat, we won't have problems with running away i guess
It looks like its a pig with mechanical parts in it... A cyborg piggy? Oh... ._.
(08-17-2013, 12:05 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]To clarify on the controller support, unsure as to why it says partial - as you are able to play the entire game and navigate menus perfectly with the Xbox 360 Windows controller (which I used throughout development). So for those wanting to use a controller, it works really well :-)

Ah cool, I recently beat Majora's Mask for the first time the other day on an emulator using the Xbox 360 Controller. I'll be interested in giving it a try on AMFP and seeing how it works out. Thanks!
If you're interested in a AAMFP wallpaper while waiting for its release date, I've made one in something like 2 minutes and half. If you want, this is the download link Smile AAMFP WALLPAPER - FULL HD
Spoiler below!
[Image: aamfp%20wallpaper.png]
(08-17-2013, 12:05 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]To clarify on the controller support, unsure as to why it says partial - as you are able to play the entire game and navigate menus perfectly with the Xbox 360 Windows controller (which I used throughout development). So for those wanting to use a controller, it works really well :-)

XInput and DirectInput are the APIs i've seen supported by games on Windows. Not all developers choose to support both, since DirectInput is considered legacy and XInput is what the XBox 360 uses. Unless you've tested the game with a DirectInput controller, "partial controller support" is accurate.
(08-17-2013, 12:23 AM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]If you're interest in a AAMFP wallpaper while waiting for its release date, I've made one in something like 2 minutes and half. If you want, this is the download link Smile AAMFP WALLPAPER - FULL HD
Spoiler below!
[Image: aamfp%20wallpaper.png]

Wow dude, that's really nice! Nice simple design and looks REALLY damn professional, am using it already! Smile
Will we be able to pre-order it from FG's own store?