Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-17-2013, 11:02 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks.
This means Steam is not needed to play the game, but the key is only an optional "present" to download it via Steam when you want?

It's a bit confusing.

It is not confusing at all! It is exactly like before. It is as it was for those that bought a pre-order of Amnesia from us. They got 1 copy of the game for download directly from us and they got one serial key for activate on Steam. So in a sense they got 2 copies of the game.

You don't like Steam? Fine don't use the Steam key. Sorry for giving you extras!
(08-17-2013, 11:03 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]We have not had the Mobile Payment option for a very long time. Because honestly it worked like crap and we got less than 50% of what you paid. We tested it and came to the conclusion that 1. Very few used it and 2. The technology and fee structure was not mature.

OK, the Humble Bundle said it is possible to pay with Amazon methods.
What should that mean? Is there a way to get it without PayPal, Credit Card, or debit?
(08-17-2013, 11:02 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks.
This means Steam is not needed to play the game, but the key is only an optional "present" to download it via Steam when you want?

It's a bit confusing.

"Comes with DRM-free versions and a Steam key."

That's not confusing at all. "And" means "in addition". You get two things: the DRM-free version and a Steam key.
It's even better!
(08-17-2013, 11:06 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]OK, the Humble Bundle said it is possible to pay with Amazon methods.
What should that mean? Is there a way to get it without PayPal, Credit Card, or debit?

Ask Humble Bundle, not Jens. Relax... Huh
Why can't you use PayPal? There are many ways to get money into PayPal? In fact PayPal bought the company that ran our mobile system, so chances are you can use the phone or in the future will be able to.
(08-17-2013, 11:08 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013, 11:06 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]OK, the Humble Bundle said it is possible to pay with Amazon methods.

Ask Humble Bundle, not Jens. Relax... Huh

Yes, also aren't these the default payment methods on the web? I mean.. how do you normally buy your games if they are not available at retail? It's awesome from FG that they give us additional to the DRM free version a steam key. I have rarely seen this from other developers.
(08-17-2013, 11:06 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013, 11:03 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]We have not had the Mobile Payment option for a very long time. Because honestly it worked like crap and we got less than 50% of what you paid. We tested it and came to the conclusion that 1. Very few used it and 2. The technology and fee structure was not mature.

OK, the Humble Bundle said it is possible to pay with Amazon methods.

1. Go to Gamestop
2. Buy 20e Steam wallet code
3. Activate it in Steam
4. Buy AAMFP
5. profit!

I know how much you hate steam but you really should consider this.
Why should anyone hate Steam? What's wrong with Steam?
Just a question.. might be a stupid one..
My girlfriend asked me if AAMFP will also be released as DVD, cause she knows about the game
Quote:Quote:Made 4 mods these 2 years! ANNND i am working on a NEW mod again "INVESTIGATOR" Ohh why me........addicted? [Image: tongue.gif]
I was like.. hmm don't know, BUMP the thread [Image: tongue.gif]
If NOT, i will buy it on steam right away!
---
FINALLY!
i hope they won't delay it again :O
But i have faith THIS time it's the real deal!
This piggy is already getting scared by playing amnesia's main story again!
(08-17-2013, 11:21 AM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]Why should anyone hate Steam? What's wrong with Steam?

There's nothing wrong with steam, it's valve. they're greedy game destroyers.