Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my humble opinion, you're making problems that do not exist, since AAMFP is pretty similar to TDD and it will run well on almost all computers.

AND, if this can help calming you, I tried to play Amnesia even in a 2006 Mac Mini with an Intel chipset from 2005 and 64 MB of VRAM shared, and it works really well with medium settings. So.. don't you worry.
(08-17-2013, 01:12 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks maarten12100 - in which case it must be asked of Frictional: was AAMFP tested on any PCs with AMD CPUs? If so, which ones? Do you have a minimum spec and recommended spec for people with AMD CPUs? There are a lot of us out there ..... not everybody has i5 and i7 Intels. Smile
I figure they have tested it on processors with low IPC (per core performance per clock)
Again since the title is not directx based offloading to the graphics card will be all it does only things that require complicated calculations will be done on the cpu.

(08-17-2013, 01:16 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, sorry then. I saw it recommended at PC Help Forum.

I have an AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90 GHz, is it good enough to play AAMFP?
Athlon II is a relative of the Phenom II the difference is in the number of pci-e lanes(irrelevant) and the cache configuration.
They are good budget procs no need to worry for you.
It depends on gpu a lot more.

(08-17-2013, 01:19 PM)russian sky Wrote: [ -> ]What about Nvidias, I Have a Nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCle/SSE2 and TDD runs perfectly. Is it able to run AMFP?
GT650M is relatively new and one thing the Kepler line up is good at is games.
It will do very well for sure.
(08-17-2013, 01:31 PM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]In my humble opinion, you're making problems that do not exist, since AAMFP is pretty similar to TDD and it will run well on almost all computers.

AND, if this can help calming you, I tried to play Amnesia even in a 2006 Mac Mini with an Intel chipset from 2005 and 64 MB of VRAM shared, and it works really well with medium settings. So.. don't you worry.

._. Did you just say that? Well at least it made me feel a bit better now.
Still, the requirements threw me off my chair...
(08-17-2013, 01:32 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013, 01:12 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks maarten12100 - in which case it must be asked of Frictional: was AAMFP tested on any PCs with AMD CPUs? If so, which ones? Do you have a minimum spec and recommended spec for people with AMD CPUs? There are a lot of us out there ..... not everybody has i5 and i7 Intels. Smile
I figure they have tested it on processors with low IPC (per core performance per clock)
Again since the title is not directx based offloading to the graphics card will be all it does only things that require complicated calculations will be done on the cpu.

(08-17-2013, 01:16 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, sorry then. I saw it recommended at PC Help Forum.

Athlon II is a relative of the Phenom II the difference is in the number of pci-e lanes(irrelevant) and the cache configuration.

(08-17-2013, 01:19 PM)russian sky Wrote: [ -> ]What about Nvidias, I Have a Nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCle/SSE2 and TDD runs perfectly. Is it able to run AMFP?
GT650M is relatively new and one thing the Kepler line up is good at is games.
It will do very well for sure.

That's good, i run TDD with High settings and no lag. I think i'll get the same result with Pigs.
(08-17-2013, 01:32 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, that's my major concern, currently I only have integrated graphics (Radeon HD 4200) and I play Amnesia on medium settings.
Hopefully if boyfriend buys new GPU card, he'll give me his current one (Radeon HD 6xxx series). But that's probably not gonna happen in the near future, so I guess I'll just play AAMFP on his PC. Big Grin
Spoiler below!

My specs.

Motherboard: GA-970A-D3 (Gigabyte)
Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 455 Processor (3 CPU's), 3.3 Ghz
VGA/Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series
Memory: 4 GB
DirectX Version: 11

Can I run AAMFP with these specs?

A bit off-topic, but why is Googol banned?
(08-17-2013, 01:50 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!

My specs.

Why is it marked as a spoiler?
(08-17-2013, 01:50 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!

My specs.

Seems fair enough to me. Are there any other recent games you can play on your set-up?
Macbook Pro

13 tum, Early 2011

2,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

D92G8A75DRJ7

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Heu, nice...
Generally speaking integrated GFX are not designed for playing games...