Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder how the levels will be set. We've seen screenies of mansions, factories and streets. Do you think they'll alternate between the two (mansion and factory) or will it be like you start out in the mansion and then work your way through the streets towards the factory?
Description on Steam Wrote:From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Dear Esther comes a new first-person horrorgame that will drag you to the depths of greed, power and madness. It will bury its snout into your ribs and it will eat your heart.

Reading this one line on Steam, and knowing that there are very likely the main character's children involved I have a theory that the plot will have similar themes to the film "There Will be Blood" (Which is one of my favorite movies of all time)

I'm thinking that Oswald's business, or whatever he does will invoke some sort of greed, and corruption in him that eventually harms his children in some way. All of this is forgotten when he gets his amnesia (If he does that is), and he has to piece back together the degree of his greed, corruption, and how it harmed his children.
I am just worried if third and last trailer will be launch trailer in time of releasing just like The Dark Descent had one ?
(08-17-2013, 02:38 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how the levels will be set. We've seen screenies of mansions, factories and streets. Do you think they'll alternate between the two (mansion and factory) or will it be like you start out in the mansion and then work your way through the streets towards the factory?

That's a nice question, I also wondered about. I think the game will start in Oswalds mansion. After the exploration of his house they will send us through the streets of london to the factory... After that.. mhh I have no idea. Since they said, that more than the half of the game will play outside, they have to set a lot of the story on the streets of London.
(08-17-2013, 02:44 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]Since they said, that more than the half of the game will play outside,

More than the half? Can you give a source?
(08-17-2013, 02:44 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]That's a nice question, I also wondered about. I think the game will start in Oswalds mansion. After the exploration of his house they will send us through the streets of london to the factory... After that.. mhh I have no idea. Since they said, that more than the half of the game will play outside, they have to set a lot of the story on the streets of London.

It must have been really difficult for them set the story in outside areas, because it could've become like Cry of Fear, if you know what I mean.

You know, I cannot imagine the start of this game... I tried to imagine it in my mind but, I don't know why, it's impossible to me.

(08-17-2013, 03:39 PM)Lama Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013, 02:44 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]Since they said, that more than the half of the game will play outside,

More than the half? Can you give a source?

This is the source. During the Q&A with Dan, I asked him about the outside areas...
  • Q. We will play more outside or inside the buildings? [from emaper]
  • A. There's more outside areas for sure. But still a lot inside.

Information portal > Q.A. Section
(08-17-2013, 03:43 PM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]It must have been really difficult for them set the story in outside areas, because it could've become like Cry of Fear, if you know what I mean.

You know, I cannot imagine the start of this game... I tried to imagine it in my mind but, I don't know why, it's impossible to me.

Well I figure it will start with a man with Amnesia Wink
Just like we had with Daniel.
Must admit that I'm very curious to hear the voice acting in this game - we've heard a few very brief snippets but hearing it in full and in context should be great - TCR picked an excellent voice actor (Nigel Carrington) for Dear Esther and I'm sure they have found some equally talented folks for AAMFP. Smile
Maybe it will start like this: Mr. Mandus wakes up in his bed, walks around and will be eaten by a fat pigman 2 secs later... Epic Start if you ask me :/
When we remember Daniel. waking up in Brennenburg Castle... Maybe he will just start in his mansion or factory. Well but im looking forward to find that out if i can... If i CAN :I
Jens - why isn't the release date mentioned on http://aamfp.com/ ? The links are there for purchasing the game but there's no release date on the official site ........