Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-18-2013, 03:03 PM)russian sky Wrote: [ -> ]I Kinda think the release date may have been rushed.
It was rushed so now they made it 9th of september.
I believe it will still be 10th though.
The only thing, which confuses me is that FG themselves haven't told us the release date anywhere. I can't find it on twitter, aamfp.com and there is also no new news post in the forum.
Don't trust ModDB
(08-18-2013, 04:39 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Don't trust ModDB

Oooh, someone decides to be Sherlock now! XD
(08-18-2013, 03:56 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing, which confuses me is that FG themselves haven't told us the release date anywhere. I can't find it on twitter, aamfp.com and there is also no new news post in the forum.

Yeah, that's a bit of a puzzle - I mean why don't they even update the main website with the release date? They have links to various places where you can purchase it, but no release date on the official site.

Weird.

As for the release date - given that all the online games news sites are stating 10th September along with the pre-ordering sites AND Dan from The Chinese Room on the main Twitter feed, I'm sure that we'd know by now if it WASN'T 10th September. Smile Even Jens has pointed us to the Humble Store to order it and that states 10th September.

So quit worrying folks. Smile
Hm well Pluto is right, we shouldnt trust this site. If it would be the offical store okay but well... I try to be sherlock too atm. Want to find every news, each secret in the screenshots and trailers... And in this forum.

Hm i dont think i can stop this right now D:
Nothing is happening at the moment so calm your tits. Wink
(08-18-2013, 01:08 PM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 5036847937_7c5cc5168b_o.jpg]

Another pic found on google with words ”mexican pig mask”. Didn’t find that much information where these masks were used. The only comment I found was on another pic. They were apparently used in religious dances.

The cover art pig mask seems to have a symbol on it’s forehead. Perhaps The Orb?

One thing that was going strong in Mexico at the time (1899) was spiritualism (vs spiritism), especially the Latin American version Espiritismo. Here is some Wikipedia snippets of the both

Spiritualism:

“Spiritualism is a religion postulating the belief that spirits of the dead residing in the spirit world have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. Spiritism, a branch of Spiritualism developed by Allan Kardec and today found mostly in continental Europe and Latin America, especially Brazil, has emphasised reincarnation.”

“Spiritualism developed and reached its peak growth in membership from the 1840s to the 1920s, especially in English-speaking countries. By 1897, it was said to have more than eight million followers in the United States and Europe, mostly drawn from the middle and upper classes.”

So Oswald used the mask to try communicate with his dead wife? o_O
(08-18-2013, 04:39 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Don't trust ModDB

What can we trust then just so I know and make sure? Is it definitely September 10th? I've never actually seen an official FG person post about the exact release date yet. Worries me a bit. :\

Edit: Nvm I forgot that TCR's twitter post said themselves that it's available on September 10th. Although that's not FG, but obviously we could trust them. Tongue

It would be really cool though if it was September 9th as that's my birthday. Big Grin
(08-18-2013, 05:26 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2013, 01:08 PM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 5036847937_7c5cc5168b_o.jpg]

Another pic found on google with words ”mexican pig mask”. Didn’t find that much information where these masks were used. The only comment I found was on another pic. They were apparently used in religious dances.

The cover art pig mask seems to have a symbol on it’s forehead. Perhaps The Orb?

One thing that was going strong in Mexico at the time (1899) was spiritualism (vs spiritism), especially the Latin American version Espiritismo. Here is some Wikipedia snippets of the both

Spiritualism:

“Spiritualism is a religion postulating the belief that spirits of the dead residing in the spirit world have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. Spiritism, a branch of Spiritualism developed by Allan Kardec and today found mostly in continental Europe and Latin America, especially Brazil, has emphasised reincarnation.”

“Spiritualism developed and reached its peak growth in membership from the 1840s to the 1920s, especially in English-speaking countries. By 1897, it was said to have more than eight million followers in the United States and Europe, mostly drawn from the middle and upper classes.”

So Oswald used the mask to try communicate with his dead wife? o_O

Maybe more likely with his children? I mean they didnt say anything from a dead wife. Only that his kids are dead... or so.