Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-18-2013, 08:04 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2013, 07:59 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]The ModDB page gives the impression to be official, but it isn't, the guy behind it came up several times with (wrong) release dates.

Other than that you can trust everything official from FG or TCR as you probably guessed Smile

Yeap, it's fan-made, not official guys. Trust forum Admins and the official sources/sites.

I trust them, but it's quite a bit strange, that FG don't advertise their "baby" in their own news section... Nevermind we know the date and that's it. Wink
I've been a long time member of ModDB and i can say that the ModDB admins they have no absolute fucking idea on what they are doing.
(08-18-2013, 08:10 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]I trust them, but it's quite a bit strange, that FG don't advertise their "baby" in their own news section... Nevermind we know the date and that's it. Wink

If a launch trailer goes public some days before the game is available, I suppose that's when a news posts will be made with the new video embedded. If no launch trailer is planned, then my guess is when the game is released to public. Smile
(08-18-2013, 08:18 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2013, 08:10 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]I trust them, but it's quite a bit strange, that FG don't advertise their "baby" in their own news section... Nevermind we know the date and that's it. Wink

If a launch trailer goes public some days before the game is available, I suppose that's when a news posts will be made with the new video embedded. If no launch trailer is planned, then my guess is when the game is released to public. Smile

Hmm.. plausible explanation, I think you are right. Tongue
(08-18-2013, 01:17 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]* The high requirements, which means they didn't test on a big range of machines

You really think those reqs are high? You must not play anything other than low-quality indie games huh :p. The least graphically demanding AAA game has way, way higher minimum requirements than the system reqs for AAMFP.

And even if you do consider these reqs "high," (which to be fair is a relative term in this context) that doesn't mean at all that they didn't test it on a "big range of machines;" I'm not sure how you would possibly infer that. All this means is Pigs is a newer game than TDD by a few years and the devs' teams have grown considerably giving them more capabilities for developing higher-quality products, and thus they will be more graphically demanding. That's just kinda how the game industry works. Technology moves remarkably fast, and you can't expect a game today and a game from three years ago to have comparable system requirements.
(08-18-2013, 07:52 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]...You don't know who that man in the pic is do you?
nope, should I?
Can't bother going back and seeing who said it (sorry Tongue), but I loved the idea of TDD-style flashbacks with actually seeing what's happening, like the person running away from the fire etc.
This guy could be a ghost. I dont know though but it could be a little scare in the streets.
(08-18-2013, 08:33 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]You really think those reqs are high? You must not play anything other than low-quality indie games huh :p. The least graphically demanding AAA game has way, way higher minimum requirements than the system reqs for AAMFP.

Well, I played the first game with a Core2Duo / ATI 4850. Highest settings. Flawless. So yes considering it's the same engine with a few tweaks, they are /relatively/ high.

I say this just based on what I had back when I played the game. I no longer have any of these two components.
Are you continuing to discuss about those system requirements? Trust me, guys, requirements for AAMFP are not so different from the TDD ones... like FG said, and like jens said, they have exaggerated a bit because they don't want that the customers get a bad idea of the game, by playing it on old systems.
Playing AAMFP on fast processors and new GPUs will assure us a perfect and fluid gameplay experience, even if the game could work on a 2004 computer Smile I would consider the "system requirements problem" solved.