Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-19-2013, 01:30 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah that is real, you should definitely download that file. or not. I think there is a reason for the gameplay to be from the trailer...

[Image: 7297_3688.gif]
(08-19-2013, 03:41 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 03:32 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 03:17 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kinda surprised they decided to release it on a seemingly random release date, and not 13th September (friday the thirteenth) or 8th September (the original Amnesia: The Dark Descent's release date).

*sigh* are people really complaining about the release date? Sorry for releasing the game guys!(This isn't aimed at you, but I have seen some people complain)

It's impossible to please everybody, somebody is always complaining, doesn't matter what he gets.
To speak in my behalf, I am very happy to see the final release date of AMFP, a game on which I look forward for over one year now. It's a long time ago, that I was so pumped to play a video game.

Same. I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a game ^^
(08-19-2013, 05:54 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 03:41 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 03:32 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 03:17 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kinda surprised they decided to release it on a seemingly random release date, and not 13th September (friday the thirteenth) or 8th September (the original Amnesia: The Dark Descent's release date).

*sigh* are people really complaining about the release date? Sorry for releasing the game guys!(This isn't aimed at you, but I have seen some people complain)

It's impossible to please everybody, somebody is always complaining, doesn't matter what he gets.
To speak in my behalf, I am very happy to see the final release date of AMFP, a game on which I look forward for over one year now. It's a long time ago, that I was so pumped to play a video game.

Same. I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a game ^^

Im so excited for that game that i cant even wait. The time passes rly slow for me... 5 seconds are like 5 hours for me :c
(08-18-2013, 02:35 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2013, 02:15 PM)patoucheminouch Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they will add CS Support in an update of the game?
Maybe, but you shouldn't be expecting it.

If it doesn't happen, I'll be hell bent on making it myself. Or maybe even, taking some of the models and textures and downgrading it to the first game, something that obviously won't be changed anytime soon.
Can some people answer a few questions on Steam and follow the forum there? Some will probably soon be asked.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239200/discussions/0/
Hey guys, we've got a release date now, and probably we'll see a trailer in the next days.
Just few weeks and we will play the game, but please... calm down, now!
I know you're excited 'cause I'm excited too, and Amnesia is one of the few games I like, (I'm not a gamer), but we must maintain the calm and patiently wait September 10th... we have been waiting for about a year and half, and now we can't wait 3 weeks?
(08-19-2013, 07:09 PM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, we've got a release date now, and probably we'll see a trailer in the next days.
I know you're excited 'cause I'm excited too, and Amnesia is one of the few games I like, (I'm not a gamer), but we must maintain the calm and patiently wait September 10th... we have been waiting for about a year and half, and now we can't wait 3 weeks?

Last October i didnt even know there is a sequel to the game. Now i only want to sleep for 3 weeks and wake up when it arrived...
(08-19-2013, 07:09 PM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, we've got a release date now, and probably we'll see a trailer in the next days.

You're right. We got what we asked for for so long: a release date. I mean, for me, it's enough to know it's definitely coming out soon and that I have a copy reserved. That's all that matters.

You mention a trailer in the next few days...

As much as I'll be tempted (if that happens), I will not watch a new trailer if one comes out. I've seen enough and I definitely don't want to risk spoiling anything I don't want spoiled.
What if they prove smarter this time by posting exclusive gameplay trailers? Like the video "Scary gameplay" they published on 2010 (though it may have been a part of a map that got cut out).
(08-19-2013, 08:15 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]What if they prove smarter this time by posting exclusive gameplay trailers? Like the video "Scary gameplay" they published on 2010 (though it may have been a part of a map that got cut out).

I really don't see the point. I mean, throughout the past 2 trailers, we've seen little gameplay specific to what's new with it as opposed to how it was in TDD.

If the game is coming out a week or 2 later, I can keep my pants on so I get a surprising experience playing it the first time. For me, it seems worth it, I can always watch the trailer afterwards.

Besides, in the launch trailers for TDD, they showed the grunt if I remember correctly. I'm not saying they would show the monster in this game in a new trailer since they've been very secretive so far, but just in case, I'd rather have a totally fresh experience when I sit down to play it the first time.

That's just me, though.