Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-21-2013, 09:52 AM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]Yipee... Delirium, let's join the 21-year-old cabal ^_^

Amnesia is a scary game but there is no gore... may not be eligible for an age limitation.

21 year olds unite!

There's no gore, though I do understand the age restrictions due to the games traumatizing atmosphere and encounters.
(08-21-2013, 09:52 AM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]Yipee... Delirium, let's join the 21-year-old cabal ^_^

Amnesia is a scary game but there is no gore... may not be eligible for an age limitation.

When I think of the morgue, the dead people in the prison, the torture equipment or the sounds of dying people in the wine cellar I highly doubt, that it's a game for people under 16 years.
Don't forget about all the severed body parts that you throw and feed to the Kaernk in the Cellar Archives as a distraction!
I have a litlle question.I heard somewhere that Oswald has a phobia of blood,just like Daniel had a phobia of darkness.Is that true or just a rumor?
(08-21-2013, 10:36 AM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget about all the severed body parts that you throw and feed to the Kaernk in the Cellar Archives as a distraction!

Ah yeah right, I had completely forgotten.
The Dark Descent had limbs laying around or torso pieces, or the grunt with the metal cleaver sewn into his severed arm.

I really hope A Machine for Pigs will be equally disgusting.
(08-21-2013, 11:55 AM)cantremember Wrote: [ -> ]The Dark Descent had limbs laying around or torso pieces, or the grunt with the metal cleaver sewn into his severed arm.

I really hope A Machine for Pigs will be equally disgusting.

Wait till you see the sewers!
(08-21-2013, 11:00 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]I have a litlle question.I heard somewhere that Oswald has a phobia of blood,just like Daniel had a phobia of darkness.Is that true or just a rumor?

It seems a little counter-intuitive for a man with a phobia of blood to start up a meat company. That's just me though, I mean, if he's the head honcho, he probably doesn't have to see or do the dirty work, but still, there's clearly a lot of blood to be seen in the meat industry.
(08-21-2013, 01:30 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 11:00 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]I have a litlle question.I heard somewhere that Oswald has a phobia of blood,just like Daniel had a phobia of darkness.Is that true or just a rumor?

It seems a little counter-intuitive for a man with a phobia of blood to start up a meat company. That's just me though, I mean, if he's the head honcho, he probably doesn't have to see or do the dirty work, but still, there's clearly a lot of blood to be seen in the meat industry.

It's not like people are born with phobias; development of phobia is usually induced by a traumatic event (experienced either by one or somebody else, he/she knows) or simply taking it after other people we have relations with.

Therefore, I find it quite plausible (even if not true) that such phobia might have been developed by Oswald when he experienced some very traumatic event - which could be the the tragedy that's mentioned in the game's description. As far as I know, he's been the "head honcho" even before the trip to Mexico.
(08-21-2013, 02:34 PM)Vertical Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 01:30 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not like people are born with phobias; development of phobia is usually induced by a traumatic event (experienced either by one or somebody else, he/she knows) or simply taking it after other people we have relations with.

Therefore, I find it quite plausible (even if not true) that such phobia might have been developed by Oswald when experienced some very traumatic event - which could be the the tragedy that's mentioned in the game's description. As far as I know, he's been the "head honcho" even before the trip to Mexico.

Good point. I didn't really look at it that way. I totally looked over the possibility that Mandus could have started his company before his catastrophic expedition. Makes sense...