Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-21-2013, 10:00 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 09:52 AM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]Yipee... Delirium, let's join the 21-year-old cabal ^_^

Amnesia is a scary game but there is no gore... may not be eligible for an age limitation.

21 year olds unite!

There's no gore, though I do understand the age restrictions due to the games traumatizing atmosphere and encounters.

Sorry I'm late to this party! HI THERE!

Quote:True, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any puzzles at all, which is a good thing.
There's at least one in the trailer.

They're probably going to have you weaving in and out of machinery, so you will have to activate specific parts of the machine in order to progress, By the time you get to the end, the machine will be fully up and running.

Maybe:
Spoiler below!

The machine was activated once already, now the villain wants to activate it again to _____ with the orb retrieved from the expedition to Mexico.

Honestly, I could be wrong, there are so many ways this could go! #Excited#Scared
Does anyone know if AAMFP will have custom stories like ATDD?
(08-21-2013, 04:50 PM)Zokrar Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if AAMFP will have custom stories like ATDD?

no it wont
Seriously? Sad Amnesia thrived off of custom stories IMO
(08-21-2013, 04:51 PM)Zokrar Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously? Sad Amnesia thrived off of custom stories IMO

Yeah, sad, but they've promised that the story will blow your mind.
So if that's the case and the gameplay takes some longer than in TDD it'll be nice Smile
Ah well, I suppose.
(08-21-2013, 04:38 PM)Lama Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 04:16 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 03:59 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 03:56 PM)Conehead Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think they mean, "FREE of combat WITH complex puzzles", just my thought

I don't think so. Complex puzzles often obstruct the flow of play and after a while the one or other could get annoyed.

True, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any puzzles at all, which is a good thing.

I disagree. I liked the puzzles in ATDD, I want them as well in AAMFP. I don't want too complex ones, but I also don't want mindless walking.

It wouldn't be mindless walking, you have a whole set experiences with immersing with the world and the story, all puzzles are bland when compared with that.
But puzzles always were a part of Amnesia/Penumbra!
Just pre-ordered AAMFP on Humble Store. And... I think I purchased it 2 times because I sent two times the same module Sad That's an involuntary way to support the guys at Frictional Games even more Big Grin
Ever wonder if you can break glass? I mean... That would suck if you couldn't, you just go around and throw rocks at windows just to have fun for some reason in my mind lol. In ATDD you could just break ONE window and that sucked... So why not break multiple ones?