Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm shocked to read there will be no custom story support. Everyone I know, that bought Amnesia, learned about the game from watching people play custom stories on Youtube. To leave out this feature makes me sad Sad
I hope there are at least PUZZLES in AMFP. I would be really disappointed. Even ATDD type puzzles would be good, nothing complicated there. Also wahoo! Less than 3 weeks to go. ^__^
(08-21-2013, 11:53 PM)bob101910 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm shocked to read there will be no custom story support. Everyone I know, that bought Amnesia, learned about the game from watching people play custom stories on Youtube. To leave out this feature makes me sad Sad

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed as well, but I think/hope some custom story devs out there will get creative and carry objects, entities, maps, NPCs, etc. from AAMFP over to TDD and make new CS's that way.

Seems possible...
I'm ready for this I read the most sickening gore I've ever read this evening I can take on the world.
That little empathy I had left is now gone.

For those interested it is in the spoiler but it is 18+ and extremely gore-ey not for the faint hearted.
Spoiler below!
I found the puzzles in Penumbra and TDD to not be all that challenging. I understood that the rods needed to match the shapes with the names, and that the opposite rooms needed to be mirrored right away, though watching others struggle with those in Let's Plays always made me laugh and want to pull my hair out. So, I am hoping for puzzles, challenging puzzles, and for them to not be in 'safe' rooms like in TDD (the two machine rooms, where absolutely nothing went on besides Alexander saying, 'Daniel, is that you? What are you doing?'

No safety nowhere with hard puzzles would be a blast for me! Cause I love puzzles Smile

And I'm glad for no CS since I never cared for them. There was only one CS that I thought was amazingly done, and that was 'The Great Work.' So I can take em or leave em.
(08-22-2013, 01:36 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 11:53 PM)bob101910 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm shocked to read there will be no custom story support. Everyone I know, that bought Amnesia, learned about the game from watching people play custom stories on Youtube. To leave out this feature makes me sad Sad

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed as well, but I think/hope some custom story devs out there will get creative and carry objects, entities, maps, NPCs, etc. from AAMFP over to TDD and make new CS's that way.

Seems possible...

I didn't think it was possible considering all of the assets were made in Max, since then I have been trying to import my own assets into HPL2 and have had a little bit of success; however, the problem is that you have to get the right scale for your assets and change some of the scripts for the assets. If you do it in the right order they'll work and after you have finally imported your first asset you're already burnt out because it's constant trial and error.

I tried to import a static object that consisted of 3 different parts, I edited the object so if you import it into an engine the engine will see that it has 3 different texture files and you just have to add the textures one by one - I also made sure that it was one object before exporting it. For HPL2, export the object(s) with their textures applied into a custom static object folder for the engine to recognize. But no, the engine didn't pick up on the textures. Instead, it imported an invisible object and rearranged all of the separate parts this object was made of - I could apply the textures to it to make it visible - but then I was still faced with the issue that the engine rearranges all of the individual objects and turns it into a horrible mess.

Since AAMFP assets are already scaled and whatnot I assume they will work in HPL2 but since it was made in an 'updated' version of HPL2 I wonder if some assets will screw up if they're imported into an 'older' version of the engine. So all in all I think they'll work but some, however, won't.
(08-22-2013, 01:56 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ready for this I read the most sickening gore I've ever read this evening I can take on the world.
That little empathy I had left is now gone.

For those interested it is in the spoiler but it is 18+ and extremely gore-ey not for the faint hearted.

Taking you up on this. I'd consider myself pretty seasoned in sickening readings. I'll get back to you on this with an edit.
(08-22-2013, 02:05 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the puzzles in Penumbra and TDD to not be all that challenging. I understood that the rods needed to match the shapes with the names, and that the opposite rooms needed to be mirrored right away, though watching others struggle with those in Let's Plays always made me laugh and want to pull my hair out. So, I am hoping for puzzles, challenging puzzles, and for them to not be in 'safe' rooms like in TDD (the two machine rooms, where absolutely nothing went on besides Alexander saying, 'Daniel, is that you? What are you doing?'

No safety nowhere with hard puzzles would be a blast for me! Cause I love puzzles Smile

And I'm glad for no CS since I never cared for them. There was only one CS that I thought was amazingly done, and that was 'The Great Work.' So I can take em or leave em.

Yeah. It makes me almost facepalm that I have not seen Amnesia footage where the one playing realizes that when you turn those valves, click sound indicates when they are right.
Hi! Im just preordered AAMFP from humble bundle, but I've registered to humble bundle after the purchase. Now Amnesia shows up in Other Products instead of Humble Library. Isn't this problem?
(08-22-2013, 09:52 AM)archibald662 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Im just preordered AAMFP from humble bundle, but I've registered to humble bundle after the purchase. Now Amnesia shows up in Other Products instead of Humble Library. Isn't this problem?

Oh you bought it from that store. My bad.