Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-22-2013, 12:05 PM)Descendant Wrote: [ -> ]Where is this Mayan Priest taken from?

http://www.lifebloodgames.com/projects/r...iew_01.jpg

I'm sorry if posting the image has any copyright issues.

If you are interested, just google "mayan priest" and there are tons of pics.
(08-22-2013, 11:04 AM)Spaceman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 10:06 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 08:49 AM)Spaceman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 01:56 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ready for this I read the most sickening gore I've ever read this evening I can take on the world.
That little empathy I had left is now gone.

For those interested it is in the spoiler but it is 18+ and extremely gore-ey not for the faint hearted.

Taking you up on this. I'd consider myself pretty seasoned in sickening readings. I'll get back to you on this with an edit.
looking forward to hearing what you think about itTongue

Couldn't find my post for some reason, even though I know exactly what page it was on.

That was pretty ugh... Not feeling brilliant tbh. It's a bit dulled though, I spent my morning reading stuff from nosleep and other sick places. My general outlook on the world after reading that is nil though. I definitely see what you mean there. Are they all true?
They are based of police reports(very detailed police reports) whether those things happened in that order in that way isn't sure.
Spoiler below!
The first one was the one I found the most sickening

after that the one where the woman is cut into pieces in front of her daugther with chainsaws for what I think was speaking out against the Empire of the rising sun.(at least there was anaesthesia)

It is not that the images are gruesome it is more that the story behind them is that sad/sick/messed up
(08-22-2013, 11:26 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]The reason is simple: It's not needed to implement CS support. TDD has it and it's almost the same engine.
Also when they would decide to do CS support, the release probably must be moved again.

So the answer to my question is "no, but here's what I think the reason is...". Cheers!
(08-22-2013, 11:26 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 11:08 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Was a reason actually given?

The reason is simple: It's not needed to implement CS support. TDD has it and it's almost the same engine.
Also when they would decide to do CS support, the release probably must be moved again.
Well, It's a shame...
(08-22-2013, 11:36 AM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]To me it sounds like a suitable name for a pig or a cow too.

Could be, but then again, why would the owner (or his servants or whatever) of a meat processing company bury an animal like that?

("Old lily goes to the grave" or whatever the poem said. That of course doesn't have to be literally going six feet under, but it doesn't really sound like she's going to a meat grinder either.)
(08-22-2013, 12:44 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 11:36 AM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]To me it sounds like a suitable name for a pig or a cow too.

Could be, but then again, why would the owner (or his servants or whatever) of a meat processing company bury an animal like that?

("Old lily goes to the grave" or whatever the poem said. That of course doesn't have to be literally going six feet under, but it doesn't really sound like she's going to a meat grinder either.)

I absolutely agree with you. Indeed, why would a meat processing tycoon personify a single pig.

The idea just came to my mind from the altar pig "priest" slaying a pig and taking it's heart. Just though if the last poem would describe the ritual. And it would be a great way for TheChineseRoom to give misleading hints. But I think the theory is a little weak.
(08-22-2013, 11:26 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 11:08 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Was a reason actually given?

The reason is simple: It's not needed to implement CS support. TDD has it and it's almost the same engine.

Probably a day. It's because I remember that FG implemented the CS option in a day.
(08-21-2013, 10:57 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 08:40 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 08:37 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 04:51 PM)Zokrar Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously? Sad Amnesia thrived off of custom stories IMO

Don't worry,HPL 2.5 engine is modable so we shuld be able to do something with it.

I don't want to sound rude at all but Fancrepper's spelling makes me laugh. XD (This post is not meant to offend anyone)

Not to be rude but your spelling isn't quite up-to-scratch either... You seem to be very hypocritical.

Once again not to sound rude but i had a very good reason why i was in a rush my good sir!
(08-22-2013, 01:35 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 08:37 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 04:51 PM)Zokrar Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously? Sad Amnesia thrived off of custom stories IMO

Don't worry,HPL 2.5 engine is modable so we shuld be able to do something with it.

I don't want to sound rude at all but Fancrepper's spelling makes me laugh. XD (This post is not meant to offend anyone)

Not to be rude but your spelling isn't quite up-to-scratch either... You seem to be very hypocritical.

Once again not to sound rude but i had a very good reason why i was in a rush my good sir!

I'm not talking about that one time, I'm talking about most of your posts having grammatical errors and spelling problems - not that it really matters - but I think you should at least look at your own wording before criticizing other people. Again... Not trying to stir up an argument this is just what I have observed.
(08-22-2013, 02:00 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 01:35 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 08:37 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry,HPL 2.5 engine is modable so we shuld be able to do something with it.

I'm not talking about that one time, I'm talking about most of your posts having grammatical errors and spelling problems - not that it really matters - but I think you should at least look at your own wording before criticizing other people. Again... Not trying to stir up an argument this is just what I have observed.

I thought i said that the post/comment was not meant to offend anyone?