Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-23-2013, 11:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to honestly say FG has a bad spot for endings. All Penumbras and Amnesia felt lacking in all of their endings. Like the whole game was just cut short and abruptly. It was like driving a car full speed into a brick wall and I always felt I was missing something. This is just my opinion though. It might be different for others.
Black Plague's ending was fantastic and I feel like it's one of the best video game endings I've ever experienced. In my opinion of course. Overture's was pretty cool as well.
(08-23-2013, 02:25 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2013, 02:02 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Apocalypto Sacrifice Scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8WqEyXIyc

Is it true that there'll be random monster spawning? I hadn't heard that before.

From where did you get this info?

The guy 2 posts above me said it haha:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid251664

I was hoping for a source, too.
(08-23-2013, 11:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to honestly say FG has a bad spot for endings. All Penumbras and Amnesia felt lacking in all of their endings. Like the whole game was just cut short and abruptly. It was like driving a car full speed into a brick wall and I always felt I was missing something. This is just my opinion though. It might be different for others.
Do you mean that also for the series since Requim was certainly not my kind of game.
(08-24-2013, 12:58 AM)Sakonosolo Wrote: [ -> ]Black Plague's ending was fantastic and I feel like it's one of the best video game endings I've ever experienced. In my opinion of course. Overture's was pretty cool as well.
I agree
Spoiler below!
Black Plague was amazing especially that last part where you have to kill yourself to save the other you which explains how turngait think beyond themselves.
Overture's ending wasn't bad either with Red wanting you to kill him and of course being struck down in the tunnel.

I loved Black Plagues ending

Also, A Machine for Pigs will require 5GB of HDD space (according to Steam), and Amnesia Dark Descent required 2GB of HDD space. I guess that means either the artwork is higher resolution, or there's more assets?
Hi guys,

I was testing my CS, in a map, a Brute comes in. I hide in a corner. But the wrong corner.
Brute even walked and stopped next to me, I was looking to the wall. He didn't see me and I run. Smile

There will be an AI Improve in AAMFP?
Hopefully.
The old tricks won't work, said Dan Pinchbeck. By the way you can improve the brute's line of sight in its entity file.
(08-24-2013, 08:26 AM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]The old tricks won't work, said Dan Pinchbeck. By the way you can improve the brute's line of sight in its entity file.
Yes, but there was a bug if you hold a box into a grunt's head, he won't see you and go back.

I mean improving this stuff, too.
As I said, "the old tricks won't work".
(08-24-2013, 12:33 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: [ -> ]From Facebook:

Quote: First round of review copies have been sent out! The pigs are stirring.
So we'll probably get to know more details about the game pretty soon.

Perhaps too much if we're not careful, it'll soon be time to start being wary of spoilers.

Also of course there are going to be people in this forum who will deliberately and maliciously spoil it for others. I hope the mods will be on full alert with their fingers hovering over the 'ban' button. Smile