Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loved Penumbra BP and Overture's ending. BP really got that sense of isolation and fear, so did Overture. But then again, they were both designed to lead into another game. I really didn't feel it was necessary though... they could have left the BP ending as it was and not added another game onto it.
I really liked the ending of Penumbra Black Plague, the idea behind it was great. It actually got me thinking at the time. And I played it after Amnesia, which honestly had a...bad ending. Well not bad, but I didn't get anything from it(all 4 of them, maybe the secret one was a little fun!Smile).
Seeing where the topic is going here I think I should start staying a bit away from this thread for now, and get to actually having beat Black Plague before spoiling myself here...

*Backs away slowly*
(08-24-2013, 12:08 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing where the topic is going here I think I should start staying a bit away from this thread for now, and get to actually having beat Black Plague before spoiling myself here...

*Backs away slowly*

I think it should be closed now.
(08-24-2013, 11:43 AM)Chieftain1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just love that all games coming out (AAMFP,GTA IV etc) are being released when everybody is going back to college,secondary school and university.

That's why I spent 20-odd years developing a severe mental illness so that I'd be unable to leave the house! It's all been for AAMFP, baby! You poor saps with your sanity and your jobs and lives and friends, I LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!
I am happy I am still on holiday until October so I can, for starters, enjoy AMFP, and then enjoy the LPs (good thing I'll be having a 1,5 hour-journey on the public transports to work, actually) Big Grin
(08-24-2013, 11:43 AM)Chieftain1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just love that all games coming out (AAMFP,GTA IV etc) are being released when everybody is going back to college,secondary school and university.

Hey what about me man? Why am I being left out here? But seriously, I actually go back in the 19th August and that's a long time ago.
(08-24-2013, 09:22 AM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 02:40 AM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2013, 11:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to honestly say FG has a bad spot for endings. All Penumbras and Amnesia felt lacking in all of their endings. Like the whole game was just cut short and abruptly. It was like driving a car full speed into a brick wall and I always felt I was missing something. This is just my opinion though. It might be different for others.

I loved Black Plagues ending

Also, A Machine for Pigs will require 5GB of HDD space (according to Steam), and Amnesia Dark Descent required 2GB of HDD space. I guess that means either the artwork is higher resolution, or there's more assets?

An artwork or a wallpaper can't require 3GB of hardisk space, LOL Big Grin
There will be new assets and new elements for sure, and maybe they used higher quality textures Wink

By artwork I meant textures =P
(08-24-2013, 12:46 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey what about me man? Why am I being left out here? But seriously, I actually go back in the 19th August and that's a long time ago.

It... wa.... It's already 24th August.
(08-24-2013, 01:42 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 12:46 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]

It... wa.... It's already 24th August.

DO YOU EVEN READ MAN