Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-24-2013, 01:48 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Um you guys, I don't mean to derail this thread, but Outlast is available for pre-order in Steam with a 20% discount from 19.99.

Holy shit, they're trying to beat AAMFP.

Well you can't buy either of them Big Grin
(08-24-2013, 03:38 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 03:26 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]In Black Plague you have to use 10 sticks of dynamite to kill one enemy.
...I don't remember the exact number (it was a lot) but there used to be a video where someone made tools possible in Black Plague just like they are in Overture and killed the first monster.

About Overture... They introduced something called 'Night vision' it's when you crouch while in dark areas Philip would get some sort of blue vision and see trough darkness while standing still... Do you think AAMFP will have this?

Amnesia had a similar mechanic. It wasn't as useful as in Penumbra because staying in darkness in Amnesia drained sanity, but it allowed you to see in the dark to a certain extent.
(08-24-2013, 01:48 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Um you guys, I don't mean to derail this thread, but Outlast is available for pre-order in Steam with a 20% discount from 19.99.

not even competing really
(Quote)JustAnotherPlayer:

AMFP is in a whole other league compared to Outlast, those games shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence (which I am aware of I just did).

So hyped for this game and I'm really liking the low profile the developers have been keeping when it comes to any information getting out to the public before release. No gameplay-showcases on any major game sites, they seem to be very confident they have a good product.

I saw some people discussing whether or not it would be possible to kill the monsters in AMFP, I for one hope it won't.

(the quote function didn't work for some reason)
(08-24-2013, 03:56 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]Thomas said they are unsure if they would have any time to make a new trailer, so we will have to wait.
By the way, welcome Smile

All right. A little more waiting won't be a problem.

I rarely play horror games, but ATDD is one of my favorite games in all time. I imagine AAMFP will be even better.

Thanks for the welcome!
Guys, i dont think the mask has nothing interesting in it. In ATDD the rose had nothing to do with the story.
(08-24-2013, 05:12 PM)Rederkki Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, i dont think the mask has nothing interesting in it. In ATDD the rose had nothing to do with the story.

I might be wrong but I've heard somewhere that the amnesia potion was made of the rose
(08-24-2013, 05:20 PM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 05:12 PM)Rederkki Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, i dont think the mask has nothing interesting in it. In ATDD the rose had nothing to do with the story.

I might be wrong but I've heard somewhere that the amnesia potion was made of the rose

Correct.

In fact, it had. Damascus roses have been used during the creation process of amnesia-inducing potions. One of those was drank by Daniel right before the main story began, thus inducing the Amnesia.

EDIT: too late Wink.
(08-24-2013, 05:20 PM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]I might be wrong but I've heard somewhere that the amnesia potion was made of the rose

Damn, didn't know that, pretty cool.

(08-24-2013, 04:52 PM)Najtnub Wrote: [ -> ]I saw some people discussing whether or not it would be possible to kill the monsters in AMFP, I for one hope it won't.

Definitely not by your own hand, but there could be a puzzle where you fool a pig (monster) into a grinder or an oven etc.