Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-24-2013, 05:39 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely not by your own hand, but there could be a puzzle where you fool a pig (monster) into a grinder or an oven etc.

That's an interesting possibility. We will probably see a grinder or an oven.

But, what if the monsters try to fool us into it? Confused
(08-24-2013, 06:03 PM)JPTS Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 05:39 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely not by your own hand, but there could be a puzzle where you fool a pig (monster) into a grinder or an oven etc.

That's an interesting possibility. We will probably see a grinder or an oven.

But, what if the monsters try to fool us into it? Confused

Don't see that happening.
(08-24-2013, 11:43 AM)Chieftain1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just love that all games coming out (AAMFP,GTA IV etc) are being released when everybody is going back to college,secondary school and university.

I'm counting on it. That's when my financial aid comes through and I can actually buy the game.
I always had a notion that damascus rose oil was mixed with the amnesia potion to cover its bitter taste.

EDIT: a reply to Vertical
(08-24-2013, 06:03 PM)JPTS Wrote: [ -> ]But, what if the monsters try to fool us into it? Confused

They're gonna be smarter than TDD-monsters, but not that smart Tongue
(08-24-2013, 06:19 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 06:03 PM)JPTS Wrote: [ -> ]But, what if the monsters try to fool us into it? Confused

They're gonna be smarter than TDD-monsters, but not that smart Tongue

Wait, where was THIS mentioned??
(08-24-2013, 06:22 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, where was THIS mentioned??

Dan said old tricks wouldn't work. In TDD you could, say, hold a box in front of the monsters face and it wouldn't see you. (Along with loads of other stuff you could do to fool them.)
(08-24-2013, 06:27 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 06:22 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, where was THIS mentioned??

Dan said old tricks wouldn't work. In TDD you could, say, hold a box in front of the monsters face and it wouldn't see you. (Along with loads of other stuff you could do to fool them.)

Well then... My technique may work on them just like i did to the Grunts...
(08-24-2013, 06:15 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]I always had a notion that damascus rose oil was mixed with the amnesia potion to cover its bitter taste.

EDIT: a reply to Vertical

I think you may be right, but I just re-read one of the "Remember" short stories - "Old Friends".

During the conversation between Herbert and Faraj, the latter one reaches out to the Professor with a plate of sweets, but also warns him: "Careful with the rose flavored ones, they are said to ease your mind, but also make you forget things".

As for me, it seems like the rose oil itself has (in-universe) some amnesia-inducing effects.
(08-24-2013, 06:27 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]

Dan also mentioned in a status update that they were tweaking the monsters AI.
I don't expect it to be that smart, but that it doesn't make the same mistakes as the creatures of ATDD. Iike spotting a player and then totally forgetting where he saw him if the player gets behind a wall. Or not spotting the player if he stands directly next to him or the item infront of your face issue.