Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-24-2013, 06:51 PM)Plectrum61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 06:27 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 06:22 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, where was THIS mentioned??

Dan said old tricks wouldn't work. In TDD you could, say, hold a box in front of the monsters face and it wouldn't see you. (Along with loads of other stuff you could do to fool them.)

Dan also mentioned in a status update that they were tweaking the monsters AI.
I don't expect it to be that smart, but that it doesn't make the same mistakes as the creatures of ATDD. Iike spotting a player and then totally forgetting where he saw him if the player gets behind a wall. Or not spotting the player if he stands directly next to him or the item infront of your face issue.

It would make more sense because... The monsters seemed to be pretty stupid if you ask me i mean... Bumping into them will make them chase you until you hide behind a will etc. But i do hope they bring back the Penumbra dogs if not, then that must be the horse animal in the screenshot since Dan mentioned that AAMFP contains horse trails.
Guys, do you think that the beginning of the game will be like ATDD?

I mean, will it take some time until you are actually in real danger?

(08-24-2013, 06:19 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]They're gonna be smarter than TDD-monsters, but not that smart Tongue

I hope so! Smile
(08-24-2013, 07:35 PM)JPTS Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, do you think that the beginning of the game will be like ATDD?

According to a Tweet from Thomas, the game starts off slow and then 'gets increasingly fucked up and awesome'. I would interpret that to mean a similar opening to TDD.
(08-24-2013, 07:41 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: [ -> ]According to a Tweet from Thomas, the game starts off slow and then 'gets increasingly fucked up and awesome'. I would interpret that to mean a similar opening to TDD.

That is really good to know.

But maybe I should stop asking questions. Every answer makes me more anxious to play this game! Smile
(08-24-2013, 07:41 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 07:35 PM)JPTS Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, do you think that the beginning of the game will be like ATDD?

According to a Tweet from Thomas, the game starts off slow and then 'gets increasingly fucked up and awesome'. I would interpret that to mean a similar opening to TDD.
Too bad I read his tweet. Now it's for me the same as with TDD. The first hour or so of TDD wasn't very scary for me because they had revealed in advance that there will be a long build-up of suspense until the first encounter. Undecided
Pewdiepie's latest couple of tweets makes me think he got a copy of it

[Image: WgMiZde.png]
Let's ignore this guy and his videos. I can't understand the hype.
(08-24-2013, 07:54 PM)Chrysler Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad I read his tweet. Now it's for me the same as with TDD. The first hour or so of TDD wasn't very scary for me because they had revealed in advance that there will be a long build-up of suspense until the first encounter. Undecided

I don't think it is a problem. By the time things start getting "interesting" we will have lost any sense of time, immersing in the story and atmosphere.
(08-24-2013, 07:58 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Let's ignore this guy and his videos. I can't understand the hype.

Ehh I don't get the hate, he's not hurting anyone, he's an entertainer. It's what he gets paid to do, if you don't like it, don't watch his videos. Easy enough.
(08-24-2013, 07:55 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]Pewdiepie's latest couple of tweets makes me think he got a copy of it

I hope he didn't.