Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just don't understand...why they did that? To promote the game? It's kinda stupid to try hide all information about the AAMFP and then give one copy to guy, who would spoil everything!
I didn't watched everything, so I don't know how much he showed, but I did see a glimpse of a monster.
(08-24-2013, 08:23 PM)MegaScience Wrote: [ -> ]PewDiePie does get early and special copies of games a lot now, since he has a very wide audience to advertise. Doesn't sound like he was put under heavy restrictions, though. I know with UberHaxorNova, he got an early copy of Saints Row IV and was only allowed to show up until the first act/chapter/whatever. From what you're saying, PewDiePie just played it and highlighted major spoilers without thought otherwise... I wonder if he was told not to and did it anyway... ._.

Interesting. I did know that he gets early copies, but somehow I didn't expect this. I'm still surprised. Tongue
(08-24-2013, 08:26 PM)JPTS Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't watched everything, so I don't know how much he showed, but I did see a glimpse of a monster.

I read comments and there guys talking about how new monster looks like -_-
They are not major spoilers of the game I would say, he spoilt a lot of encounters for the first chunk of the game though. And some puzzle solving, I would advise against watching it for those excited about experiencing it for the first time and exploring the world themselves.
Thanks for the heads up. I will (attempt to)master my curiosity and avoid the video, at least until I play it myself.
(08-24-2013, 08:28 PM)VadimLongcat Wrote: [ -> ]I read comments and there guys talking about how new monster looks like -_-

I stopped when there was an encounter. I didn't see much and, luckily, I didn't read the comments.
If you don't want to know what the new monster looks like then don't watch that video. It gives a crystal clear view of the new monster.

In fact, I'd recommend everyone to not bother watching it. The video covers an hour and a half of gameplay - so could ruin the narrative when we get our hands on the game for ourselves. Plus it's mainly PewDiePie screaming and shouting as he usually does. Which quite frankly I find very irritating.

I can see why PewDiePie has got the first video out though. He hit the biggest amount of subscribers in the world on YouTube - so naturally he will have free copies of games flying at him right now. Although I honestly didn't expect him to get Amnesia. I was hoping that would stay hidden on YouTube until the game is out.
I'm FUCKING angry to myself right now. I couldn't resist, I opened the video and jumped to random part of the video. And now I know when you encounter a monster. SHIT

edit: thank god I didn't see the monster itself, I closed my eyes with lightning speed
(08-24-2013, 08:33 PM)Jamesy Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want to know what the new monster looks like then don't watch that video. It gives a crystal clear view of the new monster.

I wouldn't go that far, you have yet to see it in it's full glory. But that was a pretty close view.