Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-29-2013, 08:30 PM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]If I live in UTC +1; what time will the game come out in my country? (If it helps, it's 9:30 pm here)

I also live in UTC +1, and it's gonna be around 7:00 pm.
Why is FG allowing this? I don't understand.He just spoils everything in advance
and i am sure this can even impact sales!
(08-29-2013, 09:13 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: [ -> ]and i am sure this can even impact sales!

It can, positively. And that's the point.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks of pewdie, he has a huge following. It will get more people to buy the game.

I don't like let's plays in general, especially not his. But I can appreciate how they help create buzz for smaller indie releases.
(08-29-2013, 09:15 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2013, 09:13 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: [ -> ]and i am sure this can even impact sales!

It can, positively. And that's the point.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks of pewdie, he has a huge following. It will get more people to buy the game.

I don't like let's plays in general, especially not his. But I can appreciate how they help create buzz for smaller indie releases.

Wierd way to advertise.
(08-29-2013, 08:24 PM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]I just thought about this:
When the game comes out, imagine getting on the computer and installing the game....but it's like 4pm and you have to wait untill 1:00am to play it at it's maximum potential. How would you guys deal with this situation? Could you resist the temptation? Not even I would be able to make up my mind if this happens.

I'd call Mr. Burns.
(08-29-2013, 09:15 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of what anyone here thinks of pewdie, he has a huge following. It will get more people to buy the game.

Not really. Most of PDP's follower just will not understand a game and its story. And i've read many comments like "waiting for another parts, i'm not gonna buy this game cuz it's scary, but i will watch your vids, u are so funny!"
He could have played the game after the release that would have been fine. But what marketing is to let it to get spoiled in advance?
(08-29-2013, 09:31 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: [ -> ]He could have played the game after the release that would have been fine. But what marketing is to let it to get spoiled in advance?

Quite.

I'm not against him showing the first 15 minutes or so of gameplay, but if (and it's a big IF!) he's uploading an LP of the whole game leading up to the game's release then I have to seriously question Frictional's decision in allowing this. Marketing the game is understandable, but allowing one person to upload an LP of the whole game leading up to its release?

Let's hope that the latter is not the case.
(08-29-2013, 09:21 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]
When the game comes out, imagine getting on the computer and installing the game....but it's like 4pm and you have to wait untill 1:00am to play it at it's maximum potential. How would you guys deal with this situation? Could you resist the temptation? Not even I would be able to make up my mind if this happens.

I'd call Mr. Burns.

+1

http://www.enmetal.com/imagenes/cajon-de-persiana.gif

Bye bye, daylight