Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking closely now, unless it's heavily stylized, I don't think that is a human eye. The anatomical structure in some parts is somewhat off.

EDIT: The way the eye, and angle is slanted indicate that the "right" of the eye is pointing forward, which would be impossible in humans since we grow our eyes on the front of our face, and not the sides (There was a term for this but I don't remember)
So maybe it's a creatures eye spying on Oswald scince he is carying the lamp
Spoiler below!

Also the eye looks sad, kind of like the creature from the video

Still looking at the eye's expression I would say it's somewhat sad, and remorseful to see the man (Might not even be Oswald for all we know)
I`m not telling Wink The eye icon was published during the preorder start and can be seen on Steam for a while now. One user even chose it as his avatar right when the announcement was made Smile
I remember seeing it a few times here before, but I had no idea it was going to be an icon for the executable (not until it appeared on your DeviantArt page!).

It's fantastic, and I'm glad I got to see a full sized version before it's forever crushed down to 64x64 Wink haha
You can see little hairs on the eyelids, so it's definitely not human.

And the reflection in the eye looks like an indian to me. Maybe an Aztec or Mayan?
Glad you like it. Many operating systems allow scaling of file icons. One of the reasons why this thing needed to work on many scales. Smile
(08-30-2013, 12:57 AM)DavidS Wrote: [ -> ]I`m not telling Wink The eye icon was published during the preorder start and can be seen on Steam for a while now. One user even chose it as his avatar right when the announcement was made Smile

Yeah... that's me Smile

I found an archive, somewhere on Steam, that contains all the sizes of the icon.
I found a '.ico' file, too... on Mac OS X, you can see the app icon at full size. That's good, you know Smile

I wanna give you my compliments, again. You're an artist.
I love the AMFP icon too, but what is in TDD's icon?
(08-30-2013, 01:36 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]I love the AMFP icon too, but what is in TDD's icon?

I always ask myself the same sometimes to be honest now.