Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Idle Query #46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm sure you guys know that avatars affect the way we perceive a user's post. Comical avatars such as Kmans' sometimes cause the tone of their messages to appear less serious. ALIAS' question mark avatar often gives his posts the sensation that he's subtly implying something deeper (even when he's not).

Anyways, I'd like to draw your attention over to Bridge. I've never really seen him use an avatar before that isn't artwork or a portrait of a man's face. This has done the job of making many of his debating posts appear a lot more authentic. In fact, I believe Bridge is quite famous on this forum for appearing well-informed every time he makes an argument.

So would you guys think differently of Bridge's posts if he spontaneously changed his avatar to something that doesn't quite fit with him? Like say, this avatar, perhaps?

Spoiler below!
[Image: avatar_24086.gif?dateline=1374257540]
Obviously. I usually don't care about avatars, but seeing an intended serious post with a cat avatar makes me not to believe in him.

A bit off-topic, but I just clicked something and now the FG Forum page is stretched.
I think it actually works the other way around to be frank. For instance if a very serious person had a silly avatar, after a longer period of time after we were used to his/her serious style of of posting we'd see that silly avatar as the avatar of a "serious person".
what he said ^
Chinchilla bathtub boat.
(08-19-2013, 07:25 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I think it actually works the other way around to be frank. For instance if a very serious person had a silly avatar, after a longer period of time after we were used to his/her serious style of of posting we'd see that silly avatar as the avatar of a "serious person".

Does that make Dolan a kind and respectful person?
Obviously avatars provide first impressions, with time you kind of get an idea of the personalities behind them. At least the personalities they're trying to portray.

(08-19-2013, 05:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]Bruce Lee gon' cuddle that chinchilla.

I approve.
(08-19-2013, 05:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 09:05 AM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Chinchilla bathtub boat.

Bruce Lee gon' cuddle that chinchilla.

*Globs the Bruce Lee who is cuddlin a chinchilla* [Image: bandwagon.gif]
(08-19-2013, 09:31 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013, 07:25 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I think it actually works the other way around to be frank. For instance if a very serious person had a silly avatar, after a longer period of time after we were used to his/her serious style of of posting we'd see that silly avatar as the avatar of a "serious person".
Does that make Dolan a kind and respectful person?
chsr pls

(08-19-2013, 05:36 PM)Shimeji Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously avatars provide first impressions, with time you kind of get an idea of the personalities behind them. At least the personalities they're trying to portray.
so what does a chronocat portray?
My avatar is like an inkblot of my soul, it's for you to guess and probably be wrong.
Pages: 1 2