Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Nothing loading up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought the game through Steam, once I use the play option through Steam, an icon for the game starts bouncing at the bottom. After 2 minutes, it stops bouncing and does nothing. It does not even show a white dot below it to confirm its active. When I hover the mouse on this icon it says 'launcher'.

If I navigate to the installed directory, there are two .app files, Amnesia and Launcher. Neither file works from the directory, and just give un specific errors with the option to 'close' or 'reopen'. In reality, they should not be loaded from the directory though, and should work through Steam.

Thanks
Please give us your HPL.log in My Documents/Amnesia/Main.

Also, try to re-verify the game.
Post the hpl.log from ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/ if there is one. It sounds as though your computer does not match the specified system requierments. What version of OS X are you using and what graphics card do you have?
(08-20-2013, 08:49 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Post the hpl.log from ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/ if there is one. It sounds as though your computer does not match the specified system requierments. What version of OS X are you using and what graphics card do you have?

Hi

Thanks for helping, though all seems to be loading successfully now. Only differences are: this was the third reinstall and the apps VLC and GarageSale were not running. Not that I think they, but they may have been hoarding memory or something.

It is not that I normally run games with background apps, but as it was during the day when I was doing other things as wells as testing ways to get Amnesia working.

I posted the hop.log anyway to see if it could shed light on this matter and prevent it happening again. Although I will state that the file and directory did not exist while I was having issues and the game was not loading up.
The hpl.log looks exactly like it should and you have a supported graphics card. So strange, but glad it is working.