Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Disable saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to disable saving in Amnesia? I know there is a way to prevent autosaving in use settings, but i'm trying to make it so you can't save the game by using the 'Exit and Save' option in the pause menu.

Anyway of doing this without a full conversion?

Thanks =)
No, there isn't any way of preventing save&exit in case of CS's, that I know. You should make it a FC.
Ah too bad. Thanks for your reply though - appreciate it =)
There is a roundabout method of using save points in a custom story. Put an Examine area around the save point, and have a script that runs when you interact with it to set a local variable to a certain number. Then have a script in your OnEnter section that checks which number the variable is set at then transports the player to a PlayerStart located at the appropriate save point.

Very roundabout, but it would work. Better to just do a FC though.
(08-22-2013, 11:42 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a roundabout method of using save points in a custom story. Put an Examine area around the save point, and have a script that runs when you interact with it to set a local variable to a certain number. Then have a script in your OnEnter section that checks which number the variable is set at then transports the player to a PlayerStart located at the appropriate save point.

He is searching for a way that players can't save in any way (A justine type CS, I guess).
(08-22-2013, 12:19 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013, 11:42 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a roundabout method of using save points in a custom story. Put an Examine area around the save point, and have a script that runs when you interact with it to set a local variable to a certain number. Then have a script in your OnEnter section that checks which number the variable is set at then transports the player to a PlayerStart located at the appropriate save point.

He is searching for a way that players can't save in any way (A justine type CS, I guess).

Ah, my bad. Thought he just wanted save points. Yeah, FC is the way to go.
The chaser, you are wrong. You can't disable save, true. But in a script area, you can clear all the saves player did. Look at this script on HPL Frictional Games Wiki.
(08-24-2013, 08:00 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]The chaser, you are wrong. You can't disable save, true. But in a script area, you can clear all the saves player did. Look at this script on HPL Frictional Games Wiki.

Yeah, you do can do that, but what OP wanted is for the saves to be deleted when you Exit the game.
(08-24-2013, 08:06 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2013, 08:00 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]The chaser, you are wrong. You can't disable save, true. But in a script area, you can clear all the saves player did. Look at this script on HPL Frictional Games Wiki.

Yeah, you do can do that, but what OP wanted is for the saves to be deleted when you Exit the game.
Hmm, okay then.

That doesn't clear saves, that just clears session data to help reduce the file size of the save files. Data that is no longer needed, since the player won't be interacting with those scripts anymore.