Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe it's a sanity effect. The owl moves too
(09-01-2013, 09:11 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's a sanity effect. The owl moves too

Never seen the owl move.
Woops, I mean the eagle, and it does move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4CAzKDHXvs&t=21m45s

Left side of hippo near flowers before he turns the valve, then right side of hippo near butterflies after he turns the valve
(09-01-2013, 08:47 PM)cantremember Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if the entire world as a whole makes sense geographically.
eg. in theory if you were to put all maps in TDD together, it wouldn't work because places would overlap, some level doors lead to the same area (like the water chase) and overall strange architectures (prison hallways with only a few cells),...

I was wondering the same thing - can't wait for some enterprising soul to make a map of AAMFP. Smile
I just donated 12,80 euros to an indie game company and will get something on 10 september

basically, I just pre ordered
(said it in a much nicer way)
(09-01-2013, 05:27 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2013, 05:22 PM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]I hope so.

But how do we interact with them then?

You put battery into your inventory and the comb---
Oh wait.
I think that the pig head mask appears everytime that we have to figure out a puzzle, or everytime that something of important is going to happens.
If you remember, when the pig mask was in the "animal room", there was a puzzle, (move the grizzly); the pig head was, also, on the bed of the room, which door opens only after moving the lever in bathroom... of course yes... it appears when there is something to do.
I'm pretty sure the pig head is just a progression aid, as in "follow the pig head". If there's one near you, you know you're making progress. Once you investigate one, it'll travel to it's next spawn point when your back is turned. There have been parts in some videos where the player has missed one and it hasn't moved on to the next immediate point, going to a further one instead... presumably anticipating fast player progress through the game.

Just what I assumed when I saw the videos the first time.

EDIT:
Just thought, this might only be the case in the first section of the game we've seen, as it's a stage introducing the player to the way the game works, so pig heads past that level may be few and far between.
But there's no hint about following the pig head, it'll just appear. My first thought when seeing it wouldn't be "I should follow this", as opposed to the rose petals in TDD. I dunno, it's really strange.
(09-01-2013, 11:07 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]But there's no hint about following the pig head, it'll just appear. My first thought when seeing it wouldn't be "I should follow this", as opposed to the rose petals in TDD. I dunno, it's really strange.

Strangeness is a fundamental characteristic of Amnesia...