Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Way to disable enemy music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any kind of way to stop immediately enemy music ? (the music that
plays when the monsters appears.)Cause in my story, there's an event
that gets ruined by it! The event is not in the same level as the monster but the music still plays a little when i enter the level.
You can edit a copy of that monster and remove its music.
Use model editor or open the .ent file as text.
(08-25-2013, 05:08 PM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]You can edit a copy of that monster and remove its music.

That's not really what i targeted for, the monster wouldn't have music at all then. Thanks for your effort though.
you could edit it to use a silent sound file instead(basically a sound file without any sound in it), I'm pretty sure there is one in amnesia folder already but if not you should be able find one online or even just make it yourself.
(08-25-2013, 05:19 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2013, 05:08 PM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]You can edit a copy of that monster and remove its music.

That's not really what i targeted for, the monster wouldn't have music at all then. Thanks for your effort though.

Make the priority of the monster's music a bit lower, say like "0.25" (in the monster's .ent)
And make the music of the event have an higher priority - "0"
(08-25-2013, 05:57 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2013, 05:19 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: [ -> ]

Make the priority of the monster's music a bit lower, say like "0.25" (in the monster's .ent)
And make the music of the event have an higher priority - "0"
I'll give it a try. Thanks mate.

EDIT: It worked it's a miracle!
Remember that this entity will not work for others, unless you include it in the cs.
(08-26-2013, 12:37 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that this entity will not work for others, unless you include it in the cs.

Yep, i know.