Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: MoveObject will only move along X axis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm able to have a gate slide open upon a button press, but it will only move along the X axis, when it needs to move along the Z axis in the map. I've tried making sure its not colliding with anything, and still it doesn't move even when there is nothing around it. When set to X axis, it works every time.

Is anyone able to help on this?
Edit it in the model editor. There should be an option in the variables to choose what axis it goes along.
This is an example for you Jonny,
This example is done with castle_portcullis!
OPEN your MODEL EDITOR.
Open up the gate you are using.
go to Settings tab and open up USER DEFINED VARIABLES.
Scroll a little bit down, and you will see MoveAxis.
Use X Y Z, what ever you will need for your story.
Then go to *SaveAs and save it in to your custom story under entities.
---
*DONT JUST SAVE OR YOU WILL OVERWRITE THE ORIGINAL AMNESIA SETTINGS!!!
---
I hope this helps you with your problem.
Thanks guys, but I have already tried changing the axis in the editor. It only seems to work at all when the axis is set to X. I'll take a look at the castle portcullis and see if there is anything I've missed.
I've copied the exact settings from the portcullis and it still only moves along the X axis.
User Defined Variables --> Set as MoveObject --> Change MoveAxis as Z --> ??? --> PROFIT
Any other setting than X will not move the object at all
(08-31-2013, 03:51 PM)JonnyAnomaly Wrote: [ -> ]Any other setting than X will not move the object at all

Maybe it's because of the Joints? Maybe the joints will only react to the X axis or something.
Can you show a screenshot of the model + User Defined Variables.
Sure, here you go
Pages: 1 2