Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Friendly NPCs - Dialogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-31-2013, 05:19 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: [ -> ]I think if we're going to have friendly NPCs then they'll be similar to the prisoners in Justine. That is to say, you won't be able to physically reach them at all, and your interactions will be brief and limited.
Like Red from Overture , huh?
(08-31-2013, 05:23 PM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2013, 05:19 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: [ -> ]I think if we're going to have friendly NPCs then they'll be similar to the prisoners in Justine. That is to say, you won't be able to physically reach them at all, and your interactions will be brief and limited.
Like Red from Overture , huh?

That's my guess, yeah. I don't think the designers will want you to in any way derive comfort from another person being present. That kind of bugged me about Agrippa to be honest.
Yes, basically, you are right, too.
Personally I think it's better without direct contact with NPC's. It's a bit strange to find a place that is constantly out to kill you be inhabited by people who aren't in a sticky situation (like the prisoners or red).
(08-31-2013, 06:56 PM)cantremember Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think it's better without direct contact with NPC's. It's a bit strange to find a place that is constantly out to kill you be inhabited by people who aren't in a sticky situation (like the prisoners or red).
the docteress is in a sticky situation alright GIGGITY.
There can be somebody like Red. That would be cool.
Pages: 1 2 3