Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I was probably not the only one being dissapointed when hearing that there'd be no CS support in aamfp. I, for one, had quite a few ideas for a couple of custom stories with the new entities, engine (partly) and of course monsters. Anyway, did you guys have any interesting ideas for a CS or FC before they announced that there'd be no CS support?

My idea was related to the myth of Sisyphus. The laborer of the Gods cursed to forever roll a boulder up a hill and then see it roll back down again. You'd be a character working in a factory (convenient with new entities) performing an "endless and futile" job. Ultimately it would end with the player choosing whether to commit suicide or continue living an absurd and pointless existence.
I recommend to keep your ideas as you can easily transfer some new stuff from the pigs back to Amnesia's tools and implement them without issues.
So much work.
Well i'm a little bit confused. So will this game have Custom Story option like TDD? Or perhaps no?
I wanted to make a CS where you were desperately trying to find the bathroom. Should your sanity reach a certain threshold, you would crap your pants and lose. There would be drama and suspense. And a twist at the end that no one saw coming.

Maybe that's why there wouldn't be support. CSs like that. Either way, it's almost devastating that there wouldn't be CSs. I haven't made one in over a year. Guess I'll go learn to mod Skyrim er something, lol.
(08-17-2013, 02:07 PM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to make a CS where you were desperately trying to find the bathroom. Should your sanity reach a certain threshold, you would crap your pants and lose. There would be drama and suspense. And a twist at the end that no one saw coming.

Maybe that's why there wouldn't be support. CSs like that. Either way, it's almost devastating that there wouldn't be CSs. I haven't made one in over a year. Guess I'll go learn to mod Skyrim er something, lol.

Hehe I was working on something quite similar. You're at a party and need to use the restroom, but it's locked, so you go and try to find the other bathroom which is located through the prison/torture area. Ultimately it would end with you finding the restroom and end with Daniel saying "I did the right thing."
Don't care if aamfp has CS support or not, there's not much of a difference to tdd. But I do hope that Frictional's super secret project will have CS support!
(08-17-2013, 02:10 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013, 02:07 PM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to make a CS where you were desperately trying to find the bathroom. Should your sanity reach a certain threshold, you would crap your pants and lose. There would be drama and suspense. And a twist at the end that no one saw coming.

Hehe I was working on something quite similar. You're at a party and need to use the restroom, but it's locked, so you go and try to find the other bathroom which is located through the prison/torture area. Ultimately it would end with you finding the restroom and end with Daniel saying "I did the right thing."

You both made my day. Big Grin
i can't wait to see what some of you guys will do after you will finish the game.. cuz i know there are maniacs who try to finish the game as soon as possible

that's why we need custom stories
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16