Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(08-18-2013, 04:32 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: [ -> ]i can't wait to see what some of you guys will do after you will finish the game..

In my case, I will most likely come on here to speculate even more, followed by playing it again after not too long time has passed, or watch others' Lets Play of it to hear their reactions to the atmosphere and story.

After I finished The Dark Descent for the first time, there were still so many unanswered questions, and from what I hear about the upcoming game, the need for speculation and sharing experiences may become even bigger. Custom stories would be nice, especially since there would be some of those extremely good ones, but I would still be occupied with the original storymode for a while. =)
After it i will prob play it again. What interests me most atm are the pig monsters and the creepy locations... Oh god im so excited.
3 weeks to go >:
I didn't play many of the CS's that were available for ATDD, but I still thought it was nice that there was an option to. I'm not for or against having CS support, but why not? Is it due to a technical limitation or what?
(08-30-2013, 03:00 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't play many of the CS's that were available for ATDD, but I still thought it was nice that there was an option to. I'm not for or against having CS support, but why not? Is it due to a technical limitation or what?

They're updating the code in order to use AMFP assets:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22612.html
(08-30-2013, 03:00 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't play many of the CS's that were available for ATDD, but I still thought it was nice that there was an option to. I'm not for or against having CS support, but why not? Is it due to a technical limitation or what?

Well it seems that the argument against custom story support is that AMFP and TDD both use the same engine, so you can just take the content from AMFP and put it into HPL2.

Though I do see how that works and it does make sense, the thing that is rather disappointing is that they modified the engine for AMFP so that the devs who used 3DS Max could get their models in with a lot less hassle. I use 3DS Max to model in and I would have loved the upgraded engine.
Well like I said I don't really mind that much since I'm not that big of a fan of CS's, but still it seemed strange when I read about it no longer being supported.

Makes sense now, thanks.
(08-30-2013, 03:04 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well it seems that the argument against custom story support is that AMFP and TDD both use the same engine, so you can just take the content from AMFP and put it into HPL2.

Though I do see how that works and it does make sense, the thing that is rather disappointing is that they modified the engine for AMFP so that the devs who used 3DS Max could get their models in with a lot less hassle. I use 3DS Max to model in and I would have loved the upgraded engine.

Right but they are updating TDD to use the new assets - won't this solve the 3DS Max problem? Note: I don't make custom stories but I have read quite a bit about them and I know that currently 3DS Max will not work with HPL2.

Edit: ah - you posted right after me
3DS Max support is included in the update Patrik (with others assisting as needed) is currently working on for Amnesia.

AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.
(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]3DS Max support is included in the update Patrik (with others assisting as needed) is currently working on for Amnesia.

AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

I see that FG has thought about 3DS Max users... is there any fix for blender users? I'm not requesting it, I'm just curious. In fact, the only thing Blender lacks for Blender users like me is a way to export skeletons for Amnesia. That's the only reason why I haven't been able to make a monster, actually.
Can ask to have it looked like. It might be possible as blender works well in hpl3, even I have done an animated cube using blender and had it working in game!

No sorry, turns out that the support in hpl3 is broken again as blender has updated a couple of times since it was added. So will not be possible to fix for hpl2, it will take too much time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16