Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(09-01-2013, 11:23 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell me, what makes your steam games "useless" if you don't have internet connection? Like I said, you can play them in offline mode. How many times I have to repeat myself?

Offline mode or not. That doesn't matter.
You need internet connection for installation, that's the point. You can't use it without internet check on existing activation servers. And nobody knows what is in 20 years. In doubt that a patch could avoid the online check when it's even needed for installation.

(09-01-2013, 11:36 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]There won't be physical copy of AAMFP. So what are you going to do? Going to kill FG?

Stop this nonsense please.

(09-01-2013, 11:36 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]There is not an option of buying physical copy so you must buy digital version.

That's what I did. A DRM-free digital version is acceptable and I understand that physical copies are not prifitable for small indie companys.
(09-01-2013, 11:41 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2013, 11:23 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell me, what makes your steam games "useless" if you don't have internet connection? Like I said, you can play them in offline mode. How many times I have to repeat myself?

Offline mode or not. That doesn't matter.
You need internet connection for installation, that's the point. You can't use it without internet check on existing activation servers. And nobody knows what is in 20 years. In doubt that a patch could avoid the online check when it's even needed for installation.
Oh dude, really? Then I'm going to tell you the point:
You need internet for downloading the game.

So, problem?
(09-01-2013, 11:44 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dude, really? Then I'm going to tell you the point:
You need internet for downloading the game.

So, problem?

You still doesn't understand the point.
I think I'll pause this now as it seems to be on repeat?
So it looks like there isn't gonna be Custom Story capabilities in "A Machine for Pigs" Sad

However, The game seems to be using the same engine. Could it be possible to import some of the resources into "The Dark Descent", and also, could it be as easy as simply loading the files into the level editor without having to convert anything?

I know the game (as of this post) isnt released yet, but still, has anybody heard about what the future holds for Custom Stories? are they gonna add CS capabilities in a patch or do they expect us to stick with TDD?
The Dark Descent will get a free update which will allow A Machine for Pigs stuff to be used in it.
Don't worry!
So you're saying a download with aMfP resources will be avalable for tDD for Free?
Yes.

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.
Will custom stories be able to choose assets from both games such as music, the lantern choice, the sound effects for the character etc. ?
This is probably what the patch will do. It may allow us to choose which lantern to put in the CS...or maybe we can have both in the same CS...or maybe they just won't import the new lantern into tDD.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16