Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Less than a week to go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, Felix here. Just registered today and wanted to share my thoughts about what most of us are waiting for...

Personally I am really happy that the game is being released in a few days...but at the same time I am just a tad worried because I thought it would only come out at October - November...and now it's just around the corner so I was wondering if there is any chance they just rushed it at the very end? There has been a lot of pressure from amnesia fans asking to release it already but I would have preferred to wait longer and just so that the developers can say 'there is nothing more to be done and no compromises were made'. Hopefully frictional games are smart enough to not give in to such pressure. What do you think??

On a side note, I am pretty scared to even come to the forums nowadays since I know some people are already playing and spoilers are possible even in the thread names (I actually cover the left side of the screen with my hand!)... + youtube recommends Pewdiepie AAMFP 'let's play's showing his fake 'scared' face lol.
(09-04-2013, 02:09 PM)felisimo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, Felix here. Just registered today and wanted to share my thoughts about what most of us are waiting for...

Personally I am really happy that the game is being released in a few days...but at the same time I am just a tad worried because I thought it would only come out at October - November...and now it's just around the corner so I was wondering if there is any chance they just rushed it at the very end? There has been a lot of pressure from amnesia fans asking to release it already but I would have preferred to wait longer and just so that the developers can say 'there is nothing more to be done and no compromises were made'. Hopefully frictional games are smart enough to not give in to such pressure. What do you think??

On a side note, I am pretty scared to even come to the forums nowadays since I know some people are already playing and spoilers are possible even in the thread names (I actually cover the left side of the screen with my hand!)... + youtube recommends Pewdiepie AAMFP 'let's play's showing his fake 'scared' face lol.

Considering it was originally due last October, I'd say they've had more than enough time!
(09-04-2013, 02:11 PM)Alardem Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2013, 02:09 PM)felisimo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, Felix here. Just registered today and wanted to share my thoughts about what most of us are waiting for...

Considering it was originally due last October, I'd say they've had more than enough time!

True, but to my understanding AAMFP was a much smaller...much more humble project than what they ended up with.
I'am 100% sure FG wouldn't release the game if they were not sure about it. Don't worry about it, it will be awesome. Enjoy the last six days without horror and terror.
The Chinese room sent Frictional Games the finished game in February. This has most certainly allowed FG to tweak and alter the game to make it the best it possibly can be. Seeing as it's due to release this September its allowed them plenty of time.

There may be another reason why they decided to release the game in early September.
Amnesia TDD was released on September 8th 2010, maybe they want to release AMFP on the 10th to link the games together. Although if they did want to do this, why didn't they aim to release it on the 8th aswell?
8th is a sunday Sad
(09-04-2013, 03:32 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]8th is a sunday Sad

Good point Big Grin
(09-04-2013, 02:09 PM)felisimo Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I am really happy that the game is being released in a few days...but at the same time I am just a tad worried because I thought it would only come out at October - November...and now it's just around the corner so I was wondering if there is any chance they just rushed it at the very end?

Hi Felix! Big Grin

I think they really took their time on this one. With this, and the game being shorter than TDD, we probably can expect a fine game. How much time did it take to create TDD?
I hope they fix that lantern thing
(09-04-2013, 05:47 PM)Retomathic Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they fix that lantern thing

What's wrong with it?
Pages: 1 2