Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Is there a way to get both a GOG.com key and a Steam key?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been debating on which service to by A Machine For Pigs from. i generally feel more secure buying from GOG, but that would mean that I would have to buy Amnesia 1 again, because I have OCD and I couldn't deal with having the games fractured between services like that. Is there a way to get a key for both GOG and Steam with a single purchase?
(09-05-2013, 02:44 AM)TheElusiveHobo Wrote: [ -> ]I have been debating on which service to by A Machine For Pigs from. i generally feel more secure buying from GOG, but that would mean that I would have to buy Amnesia 1 again, because I have OCD and I couldn't deal with having the games fractured between services like that. Is there a way to get a key for both GOG and Steam with a single purchase?

Hahaha I know what you mean.

I think if you buy the game through the Humble Store you'll get a Steam code along with the Humble Store's own download link, which is presumably DRM-free. I don't know if you can get a GOG code along with a Steam one though.

Has anyone here bought the game through the Humble Store yet? Can you confirm if you get a Steam code along with a separate Humble link?
(09-05-2013, 02:48 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here bought the game through the Humble Store yet? Can you confirm if you get a Steam code along with a separate Humble link?

I bought the game from the Humble Store, but unfortunately there's nothing there yet.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2s7ds3o.png]
(09-05-2013, 02:53 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2013, 02:48 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here bought the game through the Humble Store yet? Can you confirm if you get a Steam code along with a separate Humble link?

I bought the game from the Humble Store, but unfortunately there's nothing there yet.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2s7ds3o.png]

Same here, I think the key will be released when the game is out:

"When Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is ready, you'll be able to get it right here on your download page"
Yeah, I thought so too. But according to Jens the key should appear soon:

(09-04-2013, 09:12 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Soon, hopefully today, working on it.
Only Humble Store offers a DRM-free copy and a Steam key. Not GOG.