Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: AMFP Member Review Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
The ignorance! Oh the humanity and the ignorance, they hurt so much!
All of you were told that there wasn't gonna be an inventory, all of you were told that the lantern wasn't going to be refillable, all of you were told that the game wasn't going to have CSs (not true btw), all of you were told the game wasn't gonna be as interactable as the first one, and all of you were told this BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED . And what did you do? ....you went ahead and pre-ordered it KNOWING all of this. So please, don't come back after you finish the game and start complaining about it when you were f****ng warned!
And if you didn't know all of this before pre-ordering / buying the game, I would seriously recommend you do some research on a game before you buy it
(09-11-2013, 11:37 AM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]The ignorance! Oh the humanity and the ignorance, they hurt so much!
All of you were told that there wasn't gonna be an inventory, all of you were told that the lantern wasn't going to be refillable, all of you were told that the game wasn't going to have CSs (not true btw), all of you were told the game wasn't gonna be as interactable as the first one, and all of you were told this BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED . And what did you do? ....you went ahead and pre-ordered it KNOWING all of this. So please, don't come back after you finish the game and start complaining about it when you were f****ng warned!
And if you didn't know all of this before pre-ordering / buying the game, I would seriously recommend you do some research on a game before you buy it

You are an idiot. Even disregarding the fact that people who dislike the dumbed-down gameplay of AaMfP might still enjoy the atmosphere and story, what good would not buying the game have done?

The only thing anyone could have achieved by doing that is putting Frictional Games out of business. They are not a large AAA company, they don't have multiple projects going on at any given time so that one could fail and the others would still bring in profit. Every single game they make might be their last if it doesn't sell well enough.

In those circumstances, it's a much better option to buy the game for the sake of supporting the company and use the forums to suggest that the developers abandon this tendency for simplification with their next one.
Can we please try to cut back on the insults, and try to talk things out like civilized people? Okay? Good.
(09-11-2013, 11:59 AM)Solarn Wrote: [ -> ]You are an idiot. Even disregarding the fact that people who dislike the dumbed-down gameplay of AaMfP might still enjoy the atmosphere and story, what good would not buying the game have done?

The only thing anyone could have achieved by doing that is putting Frictional Games out of business. They are not a large AAA company, they don't have multiple projects going on at any given time so that one could fail and the others would still bring in profit. Every single game they make might be their last if it doesn't sell well enough.

In those circumstances, it's a much better option to buy the game for the sake of supporting the company and use the forums to suggest that the developers abandon this tendency for simplification with their next one.

I'm not saying they shouldn't buy it, I'm saying the shouldn't whine about all the stuff they allready knew about the game, and specially they should really stop blaiming it on FG air go people are really starting to develope some hate against them. (And please don't call me an idiot, I don't like people to get mad at me neither I like getting mad at people, but this irritates me)
My rating is:

Spoiler below!

BRAVO ! BRAVO ! 10/10 !

[Image: tumblr_mcntrsbVK41rwwepe.gif]

(09-11-2013, 12:05 PM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2013, 11:59 AM)Solarn Wrote: [ -> ]You are an idiot. Even disregarding the fact that people who dislike the dumbed-down gameplay of AaMfP might still enjoy the atmosphere and story, what good would not buying the game have done?

I'm not saying they shouldn't buy it, I'm saying the shouldn't whine about all the stuff they allready knew about the game, and specially they should really stop blaiming it on FG air go people are really starting to develope some hate against them. (And please don't call me an idiot, I don't like people to get mad at me neither I like getting mad at people, but this irritates me)

And I'm saying that people have the right to complain about stuff they don't like even if they knew it was going to be there, because knowing about it beforehand doesn't negate the fact that they think it's bad.
(09-11-2013, 12:13 PM)Solarn Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm saying that people have the right to complain about stuff they don't like even if they knew it was going to be there, because knowing about it beforehand doesn't negate the fact that they think it's bad.

People DO have the right to complain, and being a die hard fan, waiting for over a year and several delays just to not buy the game seems kind of well...stupid. But knowing that you aren't going to like the game beforehand and buy it anyways still seems equally "stupid". So I guess that die hard fans who had been waiting for the game for so long just had to buy it without a choice, even if they thought they weren't going to like it. But they bought it thinking the might have been wrong, you know, that maybe the game will surprise them. But when they discovered that they were right and all these elements they thought they were going to dislike they actually disliked them, they complained. So surpasing the insults Dodgy I guess that you were actually right and I was wrong.
Edit: But still... don't blame it on FG, direct all your hate to TCR if you actually feel like hating on someone.
Hi im here to make a nonchalant comment about how my opinion is right and yours are all so obviously wrong.

Just kidding, i just had to make a joke about that because soo many people like to use that format.

Ill just make this short and to the point. This game carries the Amnesia title, yet was developed by a different developer than the precedent title. Due to that, it is a video game that focuses mainly on telling a story rather than the exploring, horror, and puzzle solving of the previous one. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but i expected an experience highly similar to Dark Descent, which this isn't. For that reason i am disappointed.

3/10
(09-11-2013, 12:31 PM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: But still... don't blame it on FG, direct all your hate to TCR if you actually feel like hating on someone.

Basis of criticism should never be hate that your game wasn't handled well. It should just be constructive criticism so that the devs might know what to fix for next time if they ever have one.

Hate is all just...well hate which isn't likely going to help anyone.
(09-11-2013, 11:59 AM)Solarn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2013, 11:37 AM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]The ignorance! Oh the humanity and the ignorance, they hurt so much!

You are an idiot. Even disregarding the fact that people who dislike the dumbed-down gameplay of AaMfP might still enjoy the atmosphere and story, what good would not buying the game have done?

The Dark Descent is one of the most popular games these couple of years, and AMFP is currently one of the highest ranking games in the "Top Seller" list of steam (it was #1 yesterday!)
You can't put FG out of business that easily, they are a success.

And what do you mean "every single game they make"? You think FG is going to be a small company forever? Lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43