Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't get past second stage of the house.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i just bought the game, literally played it until i reached the first door that activates a loading screen and it just crashes, telling me that Amnesia machine for pigs is not responding. Now i understand it's a new game therefore it's a bit buggy, but this is really frustrating.

It tells me that the the game has stooped responding, and then brings up a crash analysis program or something. (i'm not very good with computers as you can see) but it reaches 2% and then the crash analysis program has crashed as well....

Please help me fix this guys. just let me know if there's any other information i need to chuck up here.
Can you go to "Documents/Amnesia/" folder and find the file named "hpl.log"?

Then can you attach it here?
(09-10-2013, 11:19 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]Can you go to "Documents/Amnesia/" folder and find the file named "hpl.log"?

I tried and it tells me that the file is too large, my limit is 100kb. So i had to compress it, sorry if that stuffed anything up.
(09-10-2013, 12:02 PM)Integrah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2013, 11:19 AM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]Can you go to "Documents/Amnesia/" folder and find the file named "hpl.log"?

I tried and it tells me that the file is too large, my limit is 100kb. So i had to compress it, sorry if that stuffed anything up.
Sorry, your graphic card is an Intel Graphic Card. You can launch the game but it is not supported by the game and you can have issues.

You can maybe fix this by updating your graphic card driver.

And here is the original text:

(08-16-2013, 12:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Graphics Card: Mid-Range NVIDIA GeForce 200 / AMD Radeon HD 5000 series. Integrated Intel HD Graphics should work but are not supported; problems are generally solved with a driver update.
(09-10-2013, 12:06 PM)Arbies Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2013, 12:02 PM)Integrah Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, your graphic card is an Intel Graphic Card. You can launch the game but it is not supported by the game and you can have issues.

You can maybe fix this by updating your graphic card driver.

And here is the original text:

(08-16-2013, 12:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Graphics Card: Mid-Range NVIDIA GeForce 200 / AMD Radeon HD 5000 series. Integrated Intel HD Graphics should work but are not supported; problems are generally solved with a driver update.

That is a real shame, I updated it too after doing a bit of research, still didn't work after a reboot. Any updates coming that'll change this issue?
Can try to verify the cache integrity of the game in steam and see if that helps, also try running at lower settings. There are some errors that are either due to missing files or the card not capable of creating the textures. Unfortunately no there are no plans to officially support integrated graphics.