Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: New possible fix to crash at startup - Patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://thedarkswarm.com/downloads/public/aamfp.zip

Here is a test patch that could fix the crash at startup.
Please test this and report if it is working.

If it works for most of you we will apply this patch to the live version.

Link to previous: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22826.html

(Updated to a version that doesnt require MSVCR100D.dll)
I tested it (had to download MSVCR100D.dll and MSVCP100D.dll) and I can confirm that it works for me. Is this the Steam version?
This is not the steam version. This is a debug exe which means that it runs much slower than a normal exe. So it is better to wait for the official patch before playing.
So if we have the Steam version should we just disregard this?

EDIT: I launched the game (normally from Steam), and I don't have any crashing at all. I guess I don't need this then.
Out of curiosity, what needed patched that was making my and a few others' games crash?
If the game crashes (even with Steam version) you should test with this exe

There seems to be something wrong when detecting gamepad support on some computers. The new version uses DirectX input for gamepad input.
Works here (Steam version). I've got a wireless XBOX360 controller receiver, which is probably causing the crash. Getting some annoying fps drops though so will wait for a release build. ETA on official patch?

EDIT: Is the updated version a release build since it doesn't require the debug dll's nor am I getting fps drops with it anymore?
Strange that is crashes with xbox 360 controller, if there is anything we tested with when it comes to gamepads and the game it is the x360 controller (both usb and wireless).

it is not the release build but if it works it works and you can continue playing if you like, should not be any issues later once a proper update is released.
Did the test patch work for you ltr666? Or do you still have issues with the wireless controller?
This worked for me. Thank you guys for communicating with us. I know issues like this can't be avoided sometimes, and it was only made easier by the stellar job you guys are doing.

The game is great so far. I'm getting some minor screen tearing, even with vertical sync, but I'm not complaining at all. Just FYI.

I hope everyone else can get the game working as well! Time for a nap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4