Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crashing after entering first leveldoor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there everyone.

I can start the game perfectley, but when im trying to go through the first leveldoor, after the small "cut scene" my game minimizes and an error box appear on the left corner on my screen?

I've just updated my graphics card today.

Specs.. (Laptop, Acer Aspire V3-571G)

Intel Core i7 3630QM 2,4 GHz
6 GB Ram
Nvidia GT640M

- Morten Abrahamsen
Bumping because I am also having the same issue. I don't know much about specs but if someone needs them I can try to find them.
Hey Jens. I've tried to replace the old aafmp.exe with the new one, from the thread you send me, but still the same error, at the same point of game..
If on Steam, if you check the cache integrity of the game, does that help when you run the game?

right-click on game in steam, properties and then under the last tab you'll find the option.
(09-10-2013, 03:44 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]If on Steam, if you check the cache integrity of the game, does that help when you run the game?

right-click on game in steam, properties and then under the last tab you'll find the option.

Sorry Jens, but I've had already done this, with no possitive output..
Please post the hpl.log file from My Documents/Amnesia/Pig after you have had this crash.
(09-10-2013, 03:47 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the hpl.log file from My Documents/Amnesia/Pig after you have had this crash.

Hey, and another problem i found. When i launch the game launcher, it's pops up with a text box, that says that my specific graphics card ain't listed?

But here's my hpl file.
I've just validated my game, once a again, but i says that 1 file failed to be validated?
(09-10-2013, 03:07 PM)MortenAbra Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there everyone.

I can start the game perfectley, but when im trying to go through the first leveldoor, after the small "cut scene" my game minimizes and an error box appear on the left corner on my screen?

I've just updated my graphics card today.

Specs.. (Laptop, Acer Aspire V3-571G)

Intel Core i7 3630QM 2,4 GHz
6 GB Ram
Nvidia GT640M

- Morten Abrahamsen
verify integrity of game cache. It might not have installed with all the components. A similar issue happened to dead space 2 hen it released. It had random black voids with nothing to walk on at all. This happened to the preorder buyers I think so it is recommended that you verify integrity of game cache or reinstall. If this doesn't work then try lowering graphical quality; there are rare occasions that graphical quality might be the issue.
Oh, the game is not running on your NVIDIA card, it runs on the Intel integrated chip. You should be able to specify that the game should run on the NVIDIA card using the control panel for it.

Might also help to make sure to update the drivers for both the NVIDIA and the Intel 4000HD chip.
Pages: 1 2