Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Need help in Level 8 (Steam)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This level looks rather complex, but I haven't gotten very far. I put one of the large boxes on one of the three pressure switches, but can't find anything else except a hatch to go down. Down there is a boiler, but I've nothing with which to burn and start the boiler. Suggestions?
ThePhoenix Wrote:This level looks rather complex, but I haven't gotten very far. I put one of the large boxes on one of the three pressure switches, but can't find anything else except a hatch to go down. Down there is a boiler, but I've nothing with which to burn and start the boiler. Suggestions?

Do you remember seeing boxes somewhere else? How can you get one of those boxes to the switches? =)

Spoiler below!
There are 2 boxes in the room with the ladder leading to the boiler. Put one box on top of the other and push them both so you can slide the second box into the hallway
Hollie79 Wrote:
ThePhoenix Wrote:This level looks rather complex, but I haven't gotten very far. I put one of the large boxes on one of the three pressure switches, but can't find anything else except a hatch to go down. Down there is a boiler, but I've nothing with which to burn and start the boiler. Suggestions?

Do you remember seeing boxes somewhere else? How can you get one of those boxes to the switches? =)

Spoiler below!
There are 2 boxes in the room with the ladder leading to the boiler. Put one box on top of the other and push them both so you can slide the second box into the hallway

Thanks! I got the boiler working, but I'm still stuck. Is there a certain order I have to turn the wheels on the boiler? Nothing's happening.
Quote:Thanks! I got the boiler working, but I'm still stuck. Is there a certain order I have to turn the wheels on the boiler? Nothing's happening.

A boiler can only put out so much pressure. If you try to use it to run too many devices at once... it may be spread too thin.

Spoiler below!
each number on the boiler refers to a specific elevator. The boiler can only power one elevator at once. Turn all handles counter-clockwise so that only one elevator is "on" and that is #2. You can find that elevator above the acid pit where you started the level. When you go up, you will be able to move the box blocking the gate that gave you access above the switch puzzle. Later, when you want to use another elevator, remember to turn #2 off!