Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: FATAL ERROR: Couldn't read word file"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everytime I start the game I load up into the main menu just perfectly. I hit continue and then I get black screened and this pops up on my screen "FATAL ERROR: Could Not Read word file"". It loaded just fine for a few runs then I closed it to check something and now I can't get back in. While I was actually able to play the game went not responding during every loading screen forcing me to Ctrl+Alt+Del and then re-open it. I have tried verifying my cache and that didn't work. Please help. I have really enjoyed what little bit of the game I have played and I can't wait to get back in.
After the problem occurs attach HPL.log file as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide, Problem X.
undefined
Seems strange, it tries to load a zip file instead of a map file. Could be something to do with cloud sync not going as planned. Have you tried loading an earlier save (using the main menu)?
I have not been able to start the game, without the patch the game crashes on the first loading screen and with the patch i get that error message.
getting this error too. anyone figure out a solution?
A few thing you can try
- Turn off cloud sync in Steam. Right-click the game and select Properties -> Updates -> Enable Steam Cloud synchronization and untick it
- Press Load in the menu and select the save file you want instead of clicking continue
- Delete main_config.cfg from "C:\Users\X\Documents\Amnesia\Pig" and start the game using the launcher
(09-19-2013, 05:20 AM)nebej Wrote: [ -> ]A few thing you can try
- Turn off cloud sync in Steam. Right-click the game and select Properties -> Updates -> Enable Steam Cloud synchronization and untick it
- Press Load in the menu and select the save file you want instead of clicking continue
- Delete main_config.cfg from "C:\Users\X\Documents\Amnesia\Pig" and start the game using the launcher

Cheers but unfortunately none of these ideas worked. I've attached the hpl.log file.
It looks like your save file has been corrupted. Could you upload the file "C:\Users\dc2k08\Documents/Amnesia/Pig/dc2k13/AutoSave_Cellar_2013_9_19_2_5_58_0.sav" ?
If you zip it first it will be much smaller size.
(09-19-2013, 01:46 PM)nebej Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like your save file has been corrupted. Could you upload the file "C:\Users\dc2k08\Documents/Amnesia/Pig/dc2k13/AutoSave_Cellar_2013_9_19_2_5_58_0.sav" ?
If you zip it first it will be much smaller size.

Here you go.

cheers.
Pages: 1 2